About Lemon Essential Oil
Long known for its bright, tangy, and pure scent, lemon essential oil can clear and refresh a fatigued mind quickly when added to your diffuser. The ability of lemon essential oil to increase mental clarity and elevate the mood makes lemon essential oil a particularly useful oil for use in the home or workplace. This oil’s fragrance is especially familiar and cherished, it is warm and can uplift the spirit like a lemon drop in a child’s mouth. The fresh, sweet scent of lemon, combined with its healing properties, makes lemon an excellent choice for those who may be sensitive to stronger medicinal smelling oils such as tea tree.
Because citrus oils are considered by both perfumers and aromatherapists to be very versatile for use in blends, lemon is a welcome addition to your essential oil collection. If a particular blend you have created has become too heavy, just a drop or two of lemon will immediately lighten the overall fragrance. Try a simple blend of lavender and lemon: it may become your favorite diffuser blend.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including lemon, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Lemon Essential Oil Profile
Our lemon oil is cold-pressed from lemons grown organically in South Africa.
How To Use Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is a great oil to have on hand next to your diffuser year round. A cheerful scent with a delicious sweetness, its ability to uplift the mood is almost unparalleled. Not only will lemon uplift the mood, but it will also purify the air in the home and in the workplace.
- Freshen Up Blend: In your diffuser, mix lemon oil, lavender oil, neroli oil and tea tree oil to freshen and purify the air.
- Direct Palm Inhalation: To receive the cheerful, invigorating effects of our pure lemon oil, inhale lemon mixed with lavender.
- This is a great pick-me-up: Try it instead of reaching for a cup of tea or coffee.
Other Ways To Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Massage Blend: Use a drop or two in your massage essential oil blend and carrier oil if your intention for the healing session is invigorating and uplifting. Lemon helps to clear the way for new emotional patterns to develop. Please note safety considerations below before applying lemon essential oil to skin.
- Household Cleaner: Add lemon essential oil to water in a spray bottle and use as a cleanser to purify surfaces in the home and workplace. Add a drop or two to the laundry cycle for a fresh effect.
Interesting Lemon Essential Oil Information
The healing power of lemon essential oil is mirrored by the automatic response most people have to lemon's pungent and stimulating flavor. Just thinking of the sour flavor of lemon can produce the same response one would have if actually eating the brilliant yellow fruit. It is this strong connection to our minds, and thus, our senses, for which lemon oil is best known in the healing and culinary communities.
Watch: David Crow on the Uses of Citrus Essential Oils
Learn more about these oils in the Pharmacy of Flowers home training on how to use essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Lemon Essential Oil
Do not take lemon essential oil internally. Do not apply directly to the eyes or mucous membranes. Lemon essential oil is potentially phototoxic. Potential for Skin Irritation: High.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Lemon Essential Oil
Cooling and drying, lemon oil has a light, refreshing scent with stimulating top notes that can be described as sour, citrus and slightly sweet. Lemon essential oil blends well with tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, rose oil, neroli oil, ylang-ylang oil and other citrus oils.
- Botanical Name: Citrus limonum
- Composition: 100% Pure Lemon Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Plant Part: Lemon Peels
- Extraction: Cold-pressed
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)