About Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil
Floracopeia's Sandalwood Oil is a high-quality, pure sandalwood oil from a sustainable source in Vanuatu. This Sandalwood Oil is deeply nourishing with a light, smooth and soft sandalwood oil fragrance. Sandalwood essential oil can be applied to the body generously throughout the day and is revered throughout the world for its calming and deeply satisfying fragrance. You can use this Floracopeia Sandalwood Oil with special satisfaction, knowing that it comes from a legitimate and sustainable source (a large percentage of the sandalwood oil on the market is adulterated or produced under unethical conditions).
It is a true pleasure to offer this Sandalwood oil from the Vanuatu archipelago of 82 pristine islands. This oil is thoughtfully produced by locals who believe in and cherish their stewardship of the sandalwood tree. Sandalwood oil, prized for its many healing qualities, must be trustingly sourced. Our eco-project that supplies us this oil is backed by 25 years of distillation experience, 18 of which have been devoted to artisanal sandalwood. The Vanuatu oil is produced by those who value and are committed to true quality and peace of life, infusing this sacred oil with these qualities.
Renowned for its calming, uplifting powers, the "divine oil" of sandalwood has long been a staple of sacred practice. A quintessential component to ritual and meditation, sandalwood calms a worried mind and creates a serene state of consciousness.
A most revered substance in perfumery, sandalwood oil is prized for its tranquil, nourishing and satisfying fragrance. The fragrance centers the heart, enhances concentration and opens higher centers of intuition. It enhances romantic moods with its sensual, opening and woody spicy-warm fragrance.
It is a befitting choice for enhancing the health and beauty of all skin types, and is particularly useful for alleviating irritated and red skin. Just place a drop or two into your moisturizer during your daily skincare regimen and apply as needed. It can be employed synergistically with lavender and helichrysum for skin that has been overexposed to the sun.
Sandalwood oil is among the very best oils to use on a daily basis as a healing perfume. It is considered highly sattvic, which means it promotes good health, tranquility, clarity and is very safe to use.
Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil Profile
The Vanuatu Sandalwood Eco-Project is creating positive local economy and knowledgeable plant stewardship of the treasured Santalum austrocalidonicum tree. Over the past 15 years, almost 2000 acres have been reforested with sandalwood trees. This oil is steam-distilled using wood fired stills that do not rely on outside fuel sources. Sandalwood saplings are planted on an ongoing basis, from hand-harvested seeds of native trees. With over 18 years distilling sandalwood, our distiller uses only low pressure and wet steam to produce a soft, gorgeous sandalwood oil.
How to Use Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Perfume: Sandalwood is truly a supreme perfume. Its fragrance is universally loved and its healing effects are unsurpassed. Place a drop on the wrists, neck, crown of the head and center of the chest for a transformative effect.
- Meditation Anointment: Apply one drop to third eye (between the eyebrows) prior to meditation to support a serene and clear state.
- For Radiant Skin: Add a drop or two to facial moisturizer, or apply neat as a rejuvenating skin tonic.
- For Relaxation: Massage a drop or two into temples and back of neck to calm the mind. Lovely added to a warm bath.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse a single drop to promote deep, restful sleep or anytime a calm environment is needed. Wonderful diffused around children when it is time for quiet and calm.
- Sandalwood Compress: Apply a warm compress over dry, reddened skin to help cool and hydrate.
Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Odor: Soft, smooth, rich, sweet
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With: Rose and neroli; also wood oils like palo santo, frankincense and cedar; with woody, earthy note oils such as patchouli, orris root, and vetiver, and with other floral oils such as jasmine sambac, ylang ylang oil and night blooming jasmine.
Using Sacred Aromatic Plants for Meditation, Ceremony, & Ritual:
Safety Considerations for Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant. Do not take sandalwood essential oil internally.
Interesting Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil Information
Sandalwood oil, a true aromatic gem, has a long history of use in ethno-botanical medicine, religious and ceremonial ritual, cosmetics, perfumery, and meditation. The practice of purification through prayer of all kinds was often, if not always, accompanied by the burning of incense such as sandalwood and frankincense resin. This dual use served the public’s health even as spiritual refinement was promoted through prayer accompanied by sacred scents which possessed uplifting, and purifying properties.
Because of its uniquely rich and smooth fragrance and potent healing properties, and because the entire tree must be harvested in order to extract essential oil, it has become increasingly rare and is now obtained from areas that are over-harvested, illegally harvested, and facing ecological threat through deforestation and grazing. The vast majority of sandalwood oil on the market is adulterated or produced under unethical conditions. In response to these legal and ethical issues, some companies are now abandoning the sale of sandalwood oil. At the same time, numerous agro-forestry projects are starting.
- Botanical Name: Santalum austrocaledonicum
- Family: Santalaceae
- Composition: 100% Vanuatuan Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Origin: Vanuatu
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Eco-harvested
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Color: Clear to light to rich yellow
- Consistency: Viscous
- Yield: ~1% for younger trees, 2.5% - 6% for more mature trees
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)