Please Note: Our testers are a ¼ filled dram bottle (0.95 mL). Because our testers are a sample size, we cannot accept any returns, refunds or exchanges unless the product is damaged in shipping.
About Opopanax Essential Oil
This wild-harvested sweet myrrh from Ethiopia is a brilliant oil that you will come to cherish for it’s rich and earthy perfume. Sweet myrrh has a warm sweetness, qualities which imbue this unique distillation. Opopanax lacks the bitterness of traditional myrrh. Opopanax, myrrh and frankincense are gum resins, and are produced to heal bark injuries. In the same vein, these essential oils have an affinity for bringing health and beauty to our own skin.
Opopanax oil can be used as a spiritual tool for ritual and prayer or meditation. Used in worship and purification, it blends its many healing powers with an intoxicating fragrance, this sweet myrrh can properly be said to belong to the family of "sacred scents".
Opopanax Essential Oil Profile
This lovely variety of wild-harvested Ethiopian Opopanax has a resinous, ancient-earth character, and is ideal for sophisticated perfuming purposes.
How to Use Opopanax Essential Oil
- Perfumery and Massage: An incredibly fine element to perfumes, it has a strong and lingering aroma, and is therefore best used in small quantities when blending. Add several drops and apply as a cold compress to soothe any specific area of the body or opoponax may be blended with coconut oil and massaged into sore muscles and joints after activity.
Other Ways to Use Opopanax Essential Oil
Sweet myrrh essential oil can be applied topically, used in direct inhalation, and diffused, though its primary use is in topical application. Add a drop to your favorite skincare cream to help give clarity and luster to the skin.
- In the Diffuser: In inhalation therapy, opoponax is employed to cleanse, purify and strengthen both physical and emotional systems. It is particularly useful to the breath channels in diffusion. To create a romantic environment, sweet myrrh can be diffused to recreate the essence of ancient rituals.
Opopanax Essential Oil Recipe
Interesting Opopanax Essential Oil Information
Most resin is obtained by making incisions into the bark of the tree. When exposed to air, the milky liquid that from the cuts harden into droplets or "tears", which are then easily collected. Occasionally, some tears are produced by accidental injury or from splits that naturally occur in the stems or branches of the tree.
Sweet myrrh has use as a food additive, bringing a softly bitter undertone to alimentary goods and liqueurs. Like frankincense and myrrh, this resin is also used to fumigate and to purify public spaces.
Safety Considerations for Opopanax Essential Oil
Opopanax oil is non toxic, non-irritating, and mildly photosensitizing. Avoid exposure to ultraviolet light when wearing opoponax. Do not take opoponax essential oil internally. Use with caution during pregnancy (use only small amounts, diluted).
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Opoponax Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Commiphora guidotti
- Family: Burseraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Opopanax Essential Oil
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Gum resin
- Color: Clear to yellowish red
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 3% - 5%
- Bottle Size: ¼ Dram (0.95 mL)