Please Note: Our testers are a ¼ filled dram bottle (0.95 mL). Because our testers are a sample size, we cannot accept any returns, refunds or exchanges unless the product is damaged in shipping.
About Rose Geranium Essential Oil
The cooling, uplifting rose-scented geranium from South Africa has long been adored both for the delicious complexity of its bouquet and for the broad range of its applications. Boasting an emphatic, fragrant mix of rose and citrus, this variety of geranium is harvested from the leaves and flowers of the organic Pelargonium roseum plant. Geranium’s versatility as an essential oil is well-known amongst perfumers and aromatherapists alike. As a premier cooling oil, rose geranium assists in promoting vitality for the entire family, young and old. This uplifting oil has an overall balancing effect which extends to the skin, helping to stabilize both oily and dry skin and to keep skin supple. This oil is also widely cherished as a powerful assistant in promoting ease and grace during a woman's monthly cycle. Calming and grounding, rose geranium helps to reduce feelings of stress and worry. Its balancing effect on the body and mind makes rose geranium an excellent choice to uplift mood and to promote feelings of well-being. Widely considered a tonic oil, or an oil that adds strength to the body, it’s stimulating properties lift the spirit and promote sensual feelings.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Profile
Rose geranium boasts a fragrant mix of rose and citrus; this variety of geranium is harvested from the leaves and flowers of the organic Pelargonium roseum plant.
How to Use Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Other Ways to Use Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or used with a diffuser.
- Use two drops rose geranium in direct palm inhalation to uplift the mood and spirit.
- Add several drops to facial creams to care for clogged pores and oily skin.
- Blend in marula oil to promote skin health.
- Diffuse rose geranium to support calm and relaxation and to create a positive and healing space.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil Recipes
- Smooth Legs: 2 drops yarrow, 2 drops cypress oil, 2 drops geranium oil and 2 drops chamomile oil in ½ oz of carrier oil. Dot on areas where you desire smoothness.
- Facial Cream (for combination skin): 3 drops ylang-ylang oil, 3 drops geranium oil and 2 drops rosewood oil blended into ½ oz of your favorite facial moisturizer.
Interesting Rose Geranium Essential Oil Information
There are about 700 different varieties of geranium, yet only 10 of these supply essential oil in viable quantities. The common and recognizable garden variety does not produce sufficient oil for extraction. Rose geranium originated in Africa, where it has a long history of use in treating burns and other skin disorders. Introduced to European countries Italy, Spain, and France in the 17th century, geranium was commonly planted inside homes to keep evil spirits at bay. Currently geranium is used as flavoring in the food and beverage industries, as well as in perfumes and other cosmetics.
Watch: David Crow on the Flower Oils
Learn more about the important properties of these oils in
Module 5: The Flowers in the Pharmacy of Flowers home training on how to use essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant. Do not take geranium essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending for Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Rosy, sweet, green herbaceous, citrusy, earthy
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry-out: Fine, minty, rosaceous with good tenacity
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils such as grapefruit essential oil, lime essential oil and bergamot essential oil; also angelica root essential oil,carrot seed essential oil and tulsi essential oil; and florals like rose essential oil, jasmine essential oil and lavender essential oil
- Botanical Name: Pelargonium roseum
- Family: Geraniaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Plant Part: Aerial parts
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow yellowish green
- Consistency: Mobile
- Yield: 0.03% – 2.5%
- Bottle Size: ¼ Dram (0.95 mL)