Please Note: Our testers are a ¼ filled dram bottle (0.95 mL). Because our testers are a sample size, we cannot accept any returns, refunds or exchanges unless the product is damaged in shipping.
About Spruce Essential Oil
Spruce essential oil, with its purifying and cleansing attributes, promotes an openess and clarity for the mind. It is of great tonifying benefit to the support clear, smooth breathing. Keep a bottle on hand throughout the winter to use in your diffuser at the first sign of your family becoming congested. Applied to the muscle and joints in dilution spruce oil enhances the bodies function and flexibility and can provide much needed relief after a long hike or yoga class. Diffused or used in direct palm inhalation, this purifying and uplifting oil has the habit of reducing stress while clearing away sadness, sluggishness or mental fatigue. Use spruce when you would like to make a clear path beyond old and stuck emotions.
Spruce Essential Oil Profile
This superior Spruce oil, is distilled from the needles of trees grown organically in Canada.
How to Use Spruce Essential Oil
- In the Diffuser: Direct inhalation and diffusion of spruce essential oil helps to boost strength and vitality, and uplift the mind, mood and spirit. Being a conifer oil, Spruce is fantastic to deodorize your rooms. Great for the office or creative environment, you will feel alert, clear and productive, simply blend with rosemary and lavender to create an effective blend.
Other Ways to Use Spruce Essential Oil
Spruce oil can be applied topically (always diluted), as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Massage Oil: Add 6 drops spruce oil to 1 oz lotion or massage oil and massage to promote comfort and ease.
Spruce Essential Oil Recipes
- Room Deodorizer: 8 drops spruce, 4 drops cedar, 4 drops rosemary diffused or add to a room spritzer.
Interesting Spruce Essential Oil Information
Many conifer oils, due to harvesting methods, are subject to contamination such as oil and gas from chain saws, wood chips and branches, which add unwanted resins, petroleum byproducts and turpentine to the final product. The oils that we offer come from either wild harvested or organically cultivated trees, using only the tips and needles, which are hand cut with non-lubricated shears and then distilled in a certified organic still. This guarantees that the distillation produces only the cleanest, most refined oils possible.
Watch: David Crow on Essential Oils for Respiratory Health
Learn more in Module 2: Respiratory Oils of the Pharmacy of Flowers home training on how to use essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Spruce Essential Oil
Essential oils are potentially irritating to the skin and mucus membranes. Do not use essential oils directly on the skin undiluted. Do not take essential oils internally. If you are pregnant or nursing please see your health care provider before using essential oils. Carrier oils and hydrosols are non-toxic to the skin, non-sensitizing, and can be used undiluted on the skin.
- Botanical Name: Picea mariana
- Family: Pinaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Spruce Essential Oil
- Origin: Canada
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Needles
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.3% - 0.5%
- Bottle Size: ¼ Dram (0.95 mL)