Please Note: Our testers are a ¼ filled dram bottle (0.95 mL). Because our testers are a sample size, we cannot accept any returns, refunds or exchanges unless the product is damaged in shipping.
About Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
Our Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil, with its extremely tangy and citronella-like profile, will surprise and delight. We reach for this oil particularly for use in formulations where the traditional "medicinal" aroma of tea tree would be better omitted.
While not a member of the Melaleuca genus and therefore technically not a true tea tree, this species of manuka oil has many of the same therapeutic benefits. It blends amazingly well with citrus and herbal oils such as rosemary and thyme. When added to one of our ultrasonic diffusers, a blend of this tea tree with geranium and lemon will provide hours of fresh, purifying air to the office or home. This oil is as purifying and cleansing as tea tree oil; it effectively supports wellness and is an excellent oil to employ during the winter season. Both regular and lemon-scented tea tree oils are important additions to your home medicine cabinet and first aid kit due to their fast and effective healing capabilities.
Like regular tea tree oil, this lemon-scented variety is also extremely effective as a bathroom and household cleanser. You can also use it to support skin health and balance, especially when used in ointments, salves and compresses.
Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil Profile
This unique organic oil from the pungent lemon-scented tea tree plant boasts the same wide use as more traditional medicinal tea tree oil. Grown on the coasts of South Africa, this pure tea tree is infused with the diversity of that enchanted landscape, having a refreshing, citronella-like fragrance. It mixes well with other tea tree essential oils and is effective in reducing their strongly medicinal aromas.
How to Use Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
There are a wide variety of uses for tea tree oil, which is particularly excellent for bringing comfort in the challenging winter months.
- Facial Steam: Add 1-5 drops to a bowl of steaming hot water, cover head and bowl with a towel and steam face. Excellent to open the breath and enhance skin health.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse tea tree alone or with eucalyptus and lavender as needed throughout the day, especially when the children have brought home runny noses from school.
Other ways to use Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
- As a Compress: To promote healthy skin tissue, use tea tree oil in a compress. Put 10 drops of tea tree oil in 4 oz of water, soak a cloth in the water and wrap on needed area.
- Scalp Health: Tea tree essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser. Pure tea tree oil can be irritating to the skin when applied directly, so add a few drops to your favorite shampoo.
- Fresh Mouth: Diluted in water, pure and natural tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash to enhance mouth health. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil in 2 oz of water and gargle.
- Clean House: There are many uses of tea tree oil to enhance home cleanliness. The essential oil of tea tree can also be added to your household cleansers to amplify their purifying action or can be used directly for a more powerful effect.
Interesting Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil Information
Used in aboriginal Australian tribes for generations to boost immunity, tea tree oil has also been used commercially for over 100 years. Organic tea tree oil is one of the most extensively researched of all the essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
Do not take tea tree oil internally. Do not apply directly to the eyes, lips or mucous membranes. Potential for Skin Irritation: Medium. Some people have no reaction to tea tree directly on the skin, while others have extreme reactions—please exercise caution. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
Pungent, citric, strong, camphoraceous, tangy and bittersweet, lemon-scented tea tree oil can be blended with geranium essential oil, lavender essential oil, lemon essential oil, rosemary essential oil, rosewood essential oil and thyme essential oil
- Botanical Name: Leptospermum citratum
- Composition: 100% Pure Lemon-Scented Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Plant Part: Tea Tree Leaf, Branch
- Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Bottle Size: ¼ Dram (0.95 mL)