About Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
Floracopeia offers a unique Dwarf Juniper oil from the aromatic island of Corsica. This low growing variety of juniper is steam-distilled from the berries and leaflets, and has cleansing action on the skin, breath, muscles and joints. Blend this juniper with your conifer oils and lavender to create an expansive environment that will ease nervous tension.
When inhaled through direct palm inhalation or diffused, richly balsamic and resinous-sweet juniper essential oil works to support clear breathing, detoxification and cleansing. Employed this way, along with therapeutic massage, juniper oil supports the wellness of our bodies water system as well as the detoxification of our skin.
A world class detoxifier, juniper oil’s cleansing properties encourage joint and muscle health, and makes an excellent addition to your massage oils. Juniper essential oil, applied over the abdomen, can also aid in detoxification from overindulgence in eating and drinking. Diffused, it can nourish and restore optimal working nerves, enhancing calm and relaxation.
Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil Profile
Expertly distilled from the berries and leaflets of the high altitude variety of dwarf juniper growing on Corsica, this fine essential oil is sweeter and lighter than its North American counterpart.
How to Use Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Inhale a drop juniper, this oil is a wonderful tool for clearing and relaxing the mind and providing open breathing. Gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation. It will enhance calm and relaxation and can be helpful to alleviate cravings and persistent personal behaviors one is seeking to change.
Other Ways to Use Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
Juniper is a valuable essential oil and can be applied topically, through direct inhalation, or diffused.
- For skin health, mix one drop in your facial moisturizer or 5-7 drops in a salt scrub and use on whole body.
- Can also be used as a compress to support comfortable muscles and joints after strenuous or repetitive activity.
- Blend up to a 5% dilution in a massage oil and massage gently into skin to support healthy water metabolism.
- To provide ease to bladder discomfort, add a few drops to warm bath water or sitz bath.
Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil Recipes
- Water Balance Blend: 8 drops juniper berry, 4 drops cypress, 4 drops geranium, 4 drops rosemary, 2 drops lavender in 15 mL jojoba oil
- Comfortable Joint Blend: 8 drops dwarf juniper, 4 drops Eucalyptus globulus essential oil, 4 drops rosemary essential oil, 4 drops marjoram essential oil and 2 drops ginger essential oil in 15 mL of calendula-infused olive oil.
- Clear Breath: 8 drops dwarf juniper, 4 drops Eucalyptus globulus essential oil, 4 drops rosemary essential oil and 2 drops ginger essential oil in 15 mL of jojoba carrier oil or marula carrier oil. Rub over chest and back.
Watch: David Crow on Essential Oils for Respiratory Health
Learn more in Module 2: Respiratory Oils of the Pharmacy of Flowers home training on how to use essential oils.
Interesting Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil Information
Herbal uses of juniper date back to early Greek and Arabian physicians. Juniper was commonly used as a fumigant by ancient Greeks, and is burned as incense and for ceremonial purposes by Tibetans and Native Americans. Native American also utilized Juniper for treating colds, flu, arthritis, and muscle aches.
Safety Considerations for Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
Non-toxic, though should not be used by those with kidney disease, acute bladder infections, or during pregnancy. Non- to mildly-sensitizing. Do not take Juniper berry essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Fresh yet warm, terpenic, bittersweet, woody, conifer
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Mild to medium
- Dry-out: Sweet, resinous, fir-needle, balsamic
- Juniper Oil Blends Well With: citrus oils such as bergamot essential oil, grapefruit essential oil and lime essential oil; conifer oils such as cedar wood essential oil, cypress essential oil and pine essential oil; also geranium essential oil, clary sage essential oil and vetiver essential oil.
- Botanical Name: Juniperus communis var. nana
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Dwarf Juniper Essential Oil
- Origin: Corsica
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-crafted
- Plant Part: leaflets and berries
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: ~1.5%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)