About Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most well-known essential oils for purifying and cleansing. Tea tree effectively supports wellness and is an excellent oil to employ during the challenging winter season. Organic tea tree oil is an important addition to your home medicine cabinet and first aid kit due to its fast and effective healing capabilities.
Tea Tree Oil has shown a high degree of efficacy in clearing and promoting healthy nails. It can also be applied topically in ointments, salves and compresses to encourage skin health and is an important oil for cleansing and restoring healthy skin tissue when properly diluted (see "How to Use Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil" below).
Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil Profile
Our tea tree oil is organically grown in Australia.
How to Use Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
There are a wide variety of tea tree oil uses.
- Facial Steam: Add 1-5 drops in a steaming bowl of hot water and cover both head and bowl with a towel. Excellent for bringing comfort to the sinuses and respiratory system and for enhancing skin health.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse tea tree alone or in combination with eucalyptus and lavender as needed throughout the day, especially when colds and flus are being passed around.
- As a Compress: To promote healthy skin tissue, put 10 drops of tea tree oil in 4 oz of water. Then, soak a cloth in the water and wrap on affected area.
- Scalp Health: Tea tree essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser. Pure tea tree oil can be irritating to the skin when applied directly, so add a few drops to your favorite shampoo.
- Fresh Mouth: Diluted in water, pure and natural tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil into 2 oz of water and gargle.
- Clean House: There are many uses for tea tree enhancing home cleanliness. Tea tree oil can be added to your household cleansers to amplify their purifying action or used directly for a more powerful effect.
Interesting Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil Information
Traditionally used in aboriginal Australian tribes for generations to boost immunity, tea tree oil has also been used commercially for over 100 years. Organic tea tree oil is one of the most extensively researched of all the essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
Do not take tea tree oil internally. Do not apply directly to the eyes or mucous membranes. Potential for Skin Irritation: Medium (some people have no reaction to tea tree directly on the skin, while others have extreme reactions–please exercise caution).
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
Pungent, pure, strong, camphoraceous, balsamic and bittersweet, tea tree oil blends well with geranium essential oil, clary sage essential oil, lavender essential oil, lemon essential oil, myrrh oil, rosemary essential oil, rosewood and thyme essential oil.
- Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Composition: 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Origin: Australia
- Plant Part: Tea Tree Leaves
- Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)