New! We have a very special distillation of Leleshwa for you this time. Also wild-harvested in Kenya, this new batch of Leleshwa oil comes from a different distiller than we have used in the past, and you may notice some differences in the aroma and viscosity -- let us know what you think!
About Leleshwa Essential Oil
Leleshwa is a truly impressive oil. Think of it as tea tree, frankincense, helichrysum and palo santo all combined into one bottle! This oil has many traditional uses as well as many modern uses in aromatherapy. Give it a new place in the company of your favorite essential oils in your home apothecary kit and in your first aid kit.
Leleshwa has a particular affinity for the skin, nails and hair. As a purifying tonic, it can help to rebuild and renew smooth, clear and beautiful skin. Because it is a potent oil, however, Leleshwa is best mixed into carrier oils and other formulations. You may add it to your normal body oil or lotion to promote clear skin and nails, or to your shampoo to refresh and purify your scalp and hair roots. Think also of adding Leleshwa to teenage skin-care routines to help clear away and mend heated and irritated imperfections.
The presiding camphoraceous aroma in Leleshwa’s profile is why many regard it as among the most clean, pure and purifying oils in aromatherapy. The purifying aspects of this wonderful oil extend to the mind, where leleshwa has many benefits. Leleshwa can support deep, restful sleep; like palo santo, it activates the power of renewal and the removal of negative energies. It can also assist in clearing your path of challenging patterns from the past and will provide a new, clear space for growth. When diffused, Leleshwa has a wonderful ability to purify the air of stagnant, old or persistent odors, leaving behind a refreshingly clean atmosphere.
Leleshwa Essential Oil Profile
Our Leleshwa oil, also known as African Wild Sage or the Camphor Bush, is wild-harvested from Kenya. We have added this unique oil to our collection due to popular demand, as many prefer Leleshwa's efficacy to tea tree oil.
How to Use Leleshwa Essential Oil
Leleshwa shines in skin care and also stands out for its purifying and relaxing effects on the mind.
- Diffuser: Diffuse leleshwa along with other cleansing oils like frankincense and pine to freshen and cleanse the air in your home or office. This is a great blend for running in one of our ultrasonic diffusers, especially to clear the air in a work space between appointments and meetings.
- As a Compress: To promote healthy skin tissue, use leleshwa oil in a compress. Add 8 drops of leleshwa oil to 4 oz of water, soak a cloth in the water, and then wring out the cloth and wrap on the body as needed.
- Scalp Health: Leleshwa essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser. Add several drops to your favorite shampoo.
- Pretty Nails: Add a few drops to argan oil and massage into toe nails to keep them clear and lustrous.
- Boo Boo Blend: Blend Leleshwa with any of your other favorite skin oils, like lavender and helichrysum. Add to your favorite body lotion or oil and keep handy: this blend works great for moms and dads in helping to deal with playground cuts, scrapes and bruises!
- Clean House: There are many uses for Leleshwa oil in helping to keep your home clean. This oil can be added to household cleansers to amplify their purifying action. You can also add leleshwa to a spritzer to leave a room refreshed before and after guests have stayed.
- Happy Patio Dinner Party: Keep pesky bugs and mosquitos away when you are enjoying the fresh evening air! Add several drops of Leleshwa oil to a spritzer bottle and spray as needed.
Interesting Leleshwa Essential Oil Information
Leleshwa is a dark-olive green-leaved shrub or small tree that is quite common in the Great Rift Valley of East and South Africa. The shrub can grow to be as tall as 20 feet. When the leaves are crushed they have a very strong camphoraceous smell. This essential oil is produced through the steam distillation of the the leaves and flowers.
Animals, such as elephants, rhinos and antelopes, living in leleshwa's habitat can often be found rubbing up against the shrub, crushing the leaves against their skin and fur. Studies have shown that animals that do so suffer less from insects bites and stings, especially those of fleas, ticks and pesky biting flies.
Traditional folk uses for leleshwa include the cleaning and healing of wounds and cuts, keeping insects away, and warding off evil influences while traveling to new territories. The Maasai in Kenya often use the soft aromatic leaves of leleshwa as bedding since the aroma is said to promote deep sleep, prevent bad dreams and deter insects. Leleshwa has also been known to act as a natural preservative when added to body and skin care formulations.
Safety Considerations for Leleshwa Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Do not take Leleshwa essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Leleshwa Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Tarchonanthus camphoratus
- Family: Asteraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Leleshwa Essential Oil
- Origin: Kenya
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Color: Pale yellow/green
- Consistency: Thin
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)