About Virgin Coconut Oil
This exquisitely pure, virgin coconut oil is supremely nourishing and of the utmost quality. Its aroma is that of a freshly opened coconut; an inviting and euphoric scent evocative of island paradise.
This virgin coconut oil, with its plethora of benefits, is an ideal dietary delight and exquisite skin food. Offering superior hydrating and purifying qualities it performs wonderfully on your face, body, nails and hair. It can be applied to the hair for restoring luster and hydration or to control frizz: add a pea sized amount to your palm, spritz with rose or sandalwood hydrosol and smooth through the ends.
Coconut resists rancidity, is tolerant of high heat and is ideal when used in your favorite recipes. To learn more about how to use our coconut oil, see Sara Crow’s blog called The Top 7 Uses of the Surprisingly Talented Coconut Oil.
About Virgin Coconut Oil
One of the things we adore about this oil, of which there are many, is that it sources from our Vanuatu Islands Eco-project. This eco-project focuses on utilizing the indigenous and glorious natural resources with the utmost pride in stewardship.
This virgin coconut oil is hand pressed within 90 minutes from harvest. It is handmade in small batches. This highly contrasts the large production runs of most commercial RBD (refined, bleached, deodorized) coconut oil. The resulting freshness and prana contained in this coconut oil offers dietary pleasures (let’s see: coconut oil, cacao and date truffles) and transformative skin care.
This premium, cold pressed coconut oil is an artisanal treasure produced by our distiller of sustainable Vanuatu sandalwood oil. This eco-project is dedicated to preserving ethnobotanical practices and fully sustainable harvesting and production methods.
How to Use Virgin Coconut Oil
- As a Skin Moisturizer: Coconut contains many healing fats for the skin. In addition to improving dry, rough and wrinkle prone skin, coconut oil improves circulation, lift and contours, reduces under eye bags, fights free radicals, and prevents stretch marks and lightens existing ones.
- Health and beauty food: Coconut and coconut oil support a healthy inflammatory response, purify the digestive tract, work to balance the microflora in the intestinal tract, nourish the connective tissue, and lubricate the joints to name a small few. Add to smoothies, healthy treats and is superior for baking, frying and sautéing.
- Hair Masque: The good fats in coconut oil are hydrating and protective against damage. It can increase the overall health of the hair, contributing to enhanced shine and luster.
- Superior Gum Serum & Oil Pulling Agent: To soothe angry gums and purify the entire mouth, apply to gums as needed. It can be used as an oil pulling agent. Use 1 TBPS (or more) of coconut oil to ‘pull’ through the teeth to mechanically remove debris and pathogenic factors from hard to reach places between the teeth.
Due to its importance in dental health, we’ve included it in our ‘Mouth Rescue Daily Dental Serum and Oil Pulling Treatment’ containing essential oils and other important botanicals for superior dental health.
- Makeup remover and facial cleanser: Coconut oil effectively removes dirt, debris and makeup. Apply 1 teaspoon to dry face and neck. Wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth or organic cotton pad.
- Weight loss: Eating coconut oil increases fat burning and many studies show that it significantly boosts metabolism. One study in particular showed that it increased energy expenditure by 120 calories per day.
- Problem skin: Many skin problems arising from a combination of clogged pores and pathogenic factors can be benefited by coconut. Swap out harsh soaps and foaming cleansers for coconut oil to wash the face. Apply 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to dry skin, rub in circular motions, and then remove with an organic cotton pad.
- Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
- Family: Arecaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Hand-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
- Origin: Fiji
- Method of Extraction: Expeller-Pressed
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild Harvested
- Plant Part: Coconut Flesh
- Color: White, when solid. Clear, when liquid.
- Consistency: Highly viscous
- Bottle Size: 8 oz