About Laurel Essential Oil
Traditionally, laurel essential oil has been used in aromatherapy for promoting a healthy lymphatic system. On an energetic level, laurel is useful in inspiring those who suffer from low self-esteem, self-doubt, or a general lack of energy. Laurel essential oil, especially this superior oil from the island of Corsica, is renowned for its magnificent fragrance.
How to Use Laurel Essential Oil
Laurel essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or used with a diffuser.
- To sooth muscular aches and pains, add two to five drops of laurel essential oil and 2 cups of aromatic bath salts to warm bathwater.
- Blend laurel essential oil with jojoba oil. Massage into neck to relax sore muscles and to clear the mind.
- For a pleasant, uplifting and cleansing room spray, add 10 drops laurel oil and five drops rosemary oil to a spray bottle of water.
Laurel Essential Oil Recipes
Interesting Laurel Essential Oil Information
Ancient Greeks and Romans made crowns and wreaths of laurel leaves and bestowed them on heroes and poets. The modern title "bachelor", awarded to college graduates, is derived from the Greek word "bacca-laureus," meaning laurel-berry. The oracle of Delphi and Delphic priestesses are said to have burned the leaves to enhance their abilities to divine the future. Laurel is a symbol of love, wisdom, and esteem.
Safety Considerations for Laurel Essential Oil
Laurel oil is non-toxic and non-irritant. Do not take internally. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any disease or health condition. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner. The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Laurel Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Laurus nobilis
- Family: Lauraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Laurel Essential Oil
- Origin: Corsica
- Method of Extraction: Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Color: Clear, pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.5% - 3.5% for fresh leaves, and 1.25% - 2.5% for dried leaves
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)