About Melissa Essential Oil
A Floracopeia best seller, Melissa boasts an ability to promote abundant vitality and health. This potent oil has been known for centuries as an elixir of the heart because of its uplifting and mood enhancing qualities. It encourages emotional harmony, pacifies anger, encourages restful sleep and restores inner direction. Melissa essential oil is among the most potent of all natural essential oils for enhancing deep wellness during the challenging winter months.
Intensely refreshing, our divinely aromatic melissa oil is a gentle yet potent fusion of calming, nurturing and vitality promoting properties. Among the most precious of all essential oils, the herbaceous and lemony Melissa officinalis helps nourish the spirit and restores optimal mental balance. Known by many to be a true aromatic elixir, melissa’s unassuming power makes it a vital component of any essential oil pharmacy.
Melissa Essential Oil Profile
Steam-distilled in Bulgaria from the flowering tops and leaves of organically grown Melissa officinalis yields this potent essential oil elixir.
How to Use Melissa Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Inhaled Melissa Essential Oil uplifts the heart and mind. An excellent oil to keep beside you, you will find the benefit increasing as you use it regularly.
Other Ways to Use Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa can be applied neat (undiluted) topically, but is equally effective in dilution. A tiny amount goes a long way.
- Promote Relaxation: One drop rubbed gently into the temples to ease tension from daily stress.
- Massage Oil: Blended into your favorite carrier oil for massage, Melissa gently calms and supports a healthy nervous system. Try blending melissa with lavender and ylang-ylang for a boost in effectiveness.
- Nightime Bath: An aromatic bath suffused with a drop of Melissa oil promotes calm, restful sleep.
Aromatic Profile and Blending Information of Melissa Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top/Middle
- Odor: intensely fresh, aromatically citrus, herbaceous, and radiant, like standing in a lemon grove on a warm afternoon
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: basil oil, Roman chamomile oil, rose oil, geranium oil, frankincense oil, lavender oil, ylang-ylang oil
Safety Considerations for Melissa Essential Oil
Non-toxic. Possible dermal irritant; test a small area first. Do not take essential oils internally.
Interesting Melissa Essential Oil Information
The name Melissa derives from the Greek word "honeybee". Not surprisingly, bees are highly attracted to this plant. Because of the enormous amount of plant matter needed to produce a kilogram of Melissa, it is one of the most expensive and frequently adulterated essential oils.
- Botanical Name: Melissa officinalis
- Family: Lamiaceae, or Labiatae
- Composition: 100% Pure Melissa Essential Oil
- Origin: Bulgaria
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Parts of Plant Used: leaves and flowering tops
- Color: Pale yellow or pale amber
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: extremely low (0.01% - 0.02%)
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)