About Nettle & Copaiba Co-Distillation Essential Oil
Copaiba oleoresin is used extensively in South American and Amazonian medicine. This resin supports the health of the skin and promotes comfort in the body and joints. For its part, nettle has been used medicinally for thousands of years and is regarded as an excellent herb for supporting the body’s natural inflammatory response. Our unique Nettle & Copaiba Blend is ideal for helping to soothe, heal and renew the skin. Copaiba, also known as copal in resin form, has been used traditionally to treat red, itchy, watery skin conditions as well and wounds. Both of the components of this co-distillation lend their use to dispelling the discomforts of a tired, sore or over-active body.
Watch a video clip of David Crow Introducing the Unique Medicinals Collection. Tune in to minute 9:15 to hear him speak on this co-distillation:
Nettle & Copaiba Co-Distillation Essential Oil Profile
This unique product is created by distilling the tea of nettles with the resin of copaiba. The copaiba resin is harvested in Honduras, but the co-distillation is done on the island of Corsica.
How to Use Nettle & Copaiba Co-Distillation Essential Oil
- Apply a few drops whenever a soothing influence is needed on localized skin conditions.
- This oil can also be diluted with other carrier oils such as tamanu or rosehip seed oil, both known to produce positive healing changes, to enhance its effects.
Other Ways to Use Nettle & Copaiba Co-Distillation Essential Oil
- Aches and Pains Massage: Add several drops to your favorite massage oil and use regularly on areas of the body that are sore and stiff. Regular use during periods high activity will help promote comfort and ease to the muscles and joints.
Safety Considerations for Nettle & Copaiba Co-Distillation Essential Oil
Copaiba oil is considered safe for direct application to the skin; however, it may be irritating to sensitive individuals. Discontinue use if symptoms of skin irritation develop. Do not apply directly to mucus membranes. Do not take Nettle & Copaiba Blend essential oil internally. If you are pregnant, consult your healthcare professional before using essential oil products.
- Botanical Names: Urtica dioica and Copaifera langsdorffii
- Composition: 100% Pure oleoresin distilled with nettles
- Origin: Corsica
- Plant Part: Leaves and oleoresin
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested / organic
- Extraction: Steam Co-Distillation
- Color: clear amber
- Consistency: slightly viscous
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)