About Ravensare Essential Oil
One of nature's more therapeutically effective yet gentle oils, ravensare is perhaps best known for its affinity for clearing and soothing the respiratory channels. This oil has a clean, camphorous and slightly fruity aroma. Keep a bottle of this unique oil around during the challenging winter months. Add a combination of ravensare and eucalyptus to your diffuser and run often, providing yourself and others with freshened air. Often used in the same way you would think to use tea tree oil, many people prefer ravensare for its more gentle approach to healing and comforting.
Ravensare shines in its place next to the massage table: when applied to tired or overworked bodies, it is powerfully relaxing and restorative. When it comes to the mind and emotions, ravensare acts as a tonic that soothes and grounds feelings of excess movement and energy, while also being uplifting to cast away sadness and inertia. Considered a valuable tool in maintaining the body's natural homeostasis, it is mild enough to be used safely on children and the elderly.
Ravensare Essential Oil Profile
Organic ravensare oil, distilled from the leaves of the tree growing in the humid evergreen forests of Madagascar, has a clean, lightly camphorous fragrance note.
How to Use Ravensare Essential Oil
Ravensare essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or used with a diffuser.
- A very effective way to use ravensare is through a simple direct palm inhalation. Place a drop of this relieving oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation.
- Use at the first sign of needing a wellness boost in winter, or to refresh and clear the mind.
- Add several drops to a warm, aromatic bath to encourage deep immunity.
- Two drops applied neat to the feet (one drop in carrier oil for children) supports a healthy immune system.
- Use ravensare blended with sesame oil and applied as a compress over the abdomen to support digestive harmony.
- Diffuse ravensare oil to enhance respiratory function and to provide an emotional boost.
Ravensare Essential Oil Recipes
- Winter Wellness: 16 drops ravensare essential oil, 3 drops melissa essential oil, 6 drops chamomile essential oil, 4 drops geranium essential oil and 4 drops lavender essential oil in 30 mL of tamanu oil. Apply as needed over affected area.
- Deep Breath Diffuser Blend: 8 drops ravensare essential oil, 3 drops oregano essential oil, 3 drops thyme essential oil and 3 drops rosewood essential oil. Use in steam therapy at first sign of need.
- Winter Defense Bath: 4 drops ravensare essential oil, 2 drops tea tree essential oil, 2 drops niaouli essential oil and 2 drops lemon essential oil. Add to warm bathwater and soak at first sign of need. Recipe may be halved for children and the elderly.
Interesting Ravensare Essential Oil Information
Ravensare is used in African ethnobotanical traditions, where it is held in great esteem. Ravensare's widespread popularity and increasing demand has, however, led to deforestation, particularly along the eastern coastal area of Madagascar. This is an oil that should therefore be used judiciously, and purchased from an ethically harvested and sustainable source.
Safety Considerations for Ravensare Essential Oil
Ravensare oil is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, and gentle enough for use with children. Do not use during pregnancy. Do not take ravensare essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Ravensare Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top to middle
- Odor: Herbaceous, camphorous, spicy, woody, slightly fruity
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium to strong
- Blends Well With: Rosemary essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil and lavender essential oil; wood oils such as frankincense essential oil, cedarwood essential oil and sandalwood essential oil; citrus oils such as bergamot essential oil and lemon essential oil; spice oils such as black pepper essential oil, cardamom essential oil, clove essential oil and ginger essential oil
- Botanical Name: Ravensara aromatica
- Family: Lauraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Ravensare Essential Oil
- Origin: Madagascar
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.95% - 3.0%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)