About Clementine Zeste Essential Oil
Sweetly tangy, clementine oil reduces the negative effects of daily stress, promotes deep, restful sleep, and supports feelings of contentment and well being. In recognition of this, it has been used in European hospitals as a calmative agent. Its toning effect extends to the skin, where it aids in increasing circulation, reducing fluid retention and achieving moisture balance. Clementine oil enhances smooth, clear skin, and is employed to help diminish areas of the skin that have been tried or wounded.
The calming and settling effect of clementine renders it useful to promote calm and relaxation, uplift mood, reduce stress, and support the body to stabilized after shock or trauma. A tonic and restorative to the brain, when diffused it soothes and uplifts the mind while relaxing the body. A well-known oil used to inspire sensual moods, clementine can be used in a bath or diluted in a massage oil to honor a loved one.
Clementine Zeste Essential Oil Profile
This unique “zeste” oil is prepared by first grinding the whole fruits from organic Corsican clementines, separating the liquids by centrifuge, and then distilling.
How to Use Clementine Zeste Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Use several drops in direct palm inhalation to promote tranquility. This oil can be used before bed to bring about an easy transition into a restful state.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including clementine zeste, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Other Ways to Use Clementine Zeste Essential Oil
Clementine zeste essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser. Because of its potential phototoxic effects, it should always be diluted and dermal applications avoided before exposure to sunlight.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse clementine whenever you wish to create a fresh, uplifting atmosphere. For variety you can add in florals such as lavender, or other citrus oils like grapefruit and bergamot for a sunny garden mix.
- In the Bath: Add several drops to bathwater to promote romance, and to calm and relax the mind and body.
- Freshen Up the Air: Add 10 drops clementine oil and three drops rosemary or lavender to a spray bottle for a revivifying and purifying air freshener.
Clemetine Zeste Essential Oil Recipes
- Skin Restore Massage Blend: 4 drops clementine, 2 drops helichrysum, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops roman chamomile in 15 mL marula or other carrier oil and gently massage.
- Belly Soothing Massage Blend: 4 drops clementine, 2 drops grapefruit oil, 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops roman chamomile oil in 15 mL marula carrier oil or other carrier oil.
Safety Considerations for Clementine Zeste Essential Oil
Non-toxic; all citrus oils have the potential to be phototoxic. Do not take clementine essential oil internally, or apply undiluted to the skin; avoid dermal-application before exposure to the sunlight.