The heat of summer is here. Fortunately, Floracopeia has an array of essential oils to keep you cool, refreshed and grounded all summer long.
It is very important to keep yourself cool during the long hot summer days. Otherwise, an excessive amount of heat can accumulate within the body, causing irritability, skin problems, mood swings and exhaustion.
You may be surprised how effective the smart use of essential oils can be for keeping your body and mind balanced throughout the summer.
Below are the Floracopeia Staff’s Top 10 Cooling Oils for summer comfort and wellbeing, as well as our Top 10 Summer Essential Oil Uses.
- Vetiver Essential Oil- Earthy and cooling, Vetiver offers us a reprieve from the heat of summer. Floracopeia has many Vetiver products to choose from, such as Vetiver Essential Oil, Ruh Khus Essential Oil, Vetiver-Rose Attar, Vetiver White Ginger lily Attar or Savitri botanical perfume.
- Lavender Essential Oil- Universally loved, Lavender Essential Oil is soothing and cooling, making it a perfect oil for your first aid kit as well as your aromatic treasure collection. Lavender can soothe common skin care ailments that arise during summer, such as heat rash and sunburn. Lavender Essential Oil also helps cool our emotions and keep the mind focused and clear.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil- Clary Sage is a wonderful, cooling oil that calms and relaxes the nerves while clearing the head. Its ability to soothe headaches and dizziness make it a good oil to turn to for support in heat. Historically used in the treatment of hot flashes, Clary Sage Essential Oil can help us all get through the hot months of summer with ease.
- Peppermint Essential Oil- Cooling Peppermint is one of the most refreshing essential oils. One sniff of Peppermint Essential Oil, mid-day, will clear and cool the mind instantly.
- Pitta Essential Oil Blend- This blend was designed to cool Pitta, the warmest of the three doshas in Ayurveda. The combination of Lavender, Rose Geranium and Ruh Khus calms the hot emotions of irritability and anger while supporting a calm and contented outlook. This is a great essential oil blend to smell before or after a heated discussion or as the heat of the day approaches.
- Rose is the queen of cooling oils. Floracopeia offers many beautiful forms of rose- Rose Otto Essential Oil, Rose Sandalwood Attar, Rose Infused Perfume from the Chandra Collection, Rose Vetiver Attar and Rose Hydrosol. Rose Essential oil or Rose Perfume and Rose Attars can be used for anointing the forehead, pulse points and top of the head for immediate soothing and cooling. Rose Hydrosol can be sprayed over the skin and near the eyes for refreshment and relief from heat.
- Chamomile Essential Oil- Cooling and soothing, Chamomile is a wonderful oil to use for healthy inflammatory support. Chamomile Essential Oil is great for use in treating hot conditions of the skin, such as rashes, acne, and inflammation due to injury.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil- The first oil that come to mind for us in treating sport injuries, bruising or inflammation. Helichrysum is a key oil for your summer first aid kit. In addition, helichrysum is an excellent oil to incorporate into your skin care regimen due to its rejuvenating properties.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil- Carrot Seed is another oil that is excellent for caring for summer skin. Grounding and cool, Carrot Seed Essential Oil is used in skincare to support cell regeneration. It is even used in the treatment of dark skin spots and discoloration. Carrot Seed is reported to have a high SPF and can be incorporated into your natural sun protection.
- Rotuma Massage Oil- This traditional Polynesian massage oil blend is an essential for keeping summer skin radiant. Blended on the island of Rotuma, this oil smells wonderful and nourishes skin that has been exposed to the intense elements of summer.
The Top 10 Summer Uses of Essential Oils
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a bowl of cool water and soak a handkerchief. Wrap the handkerchief around your neck or apply to forehead to cool the body down.
- Take a cool foot bath by adding a few drops of essential oil to a bowl or basin full of cool water. Soak your feet until you feel cool and invigorated.
- Spray hydrosols, or make water and essential oil sprays with your favorite cooling essential oils. Spray on skin to cool the body down.
- Diffuse the calming, cooling essential oils above in your home.
- Apply cooling oils such as Vetiver, Rose, Lavender on pulse points and top of the head, so your heat releases the essential oils into the space around you.
- Do self-massage with cooling, essential oils diluted in your favorite carrier oil.
- Apply a few drops of skin friendly essential oils, such as Lavender or Clary Sage, to a deodorant rock or directly under the arms for deodorant.
- Add essential oils such as Lavender and Helichrysum to aloe vera juice or gel and apply to sunburned skin after showering in cool water to soothe the inflammation.
- Mix Carrot Seed Essential Oil into Coconut oil for a simple sunscreen for brief sun exposure or as a nourishing after sun treatment (apply once skin has cooled from sun exposure- do not apply oils to skin that is still warm from sunburn).
These Essential Oils will make your Summer so much more enjoyable. Stay cool and relaxed.
Because of the energetic qualities of flower essences and the alchemical mixing of elements that often happens when making floral essences in their natural habitat, I have a strong orientation to sour
Dear friends: In the last week we have traveled from here: To here:
Pure Sandalwood Essential Oil that is sustainably produced is a rarity in the world of aromatherapy, a true aromatic treasure. This week, we are releasing a brand new Sandalwood oil that is as exquisi
Excerpts from the work by David Crow If the tranquil heaven of sages gone to bliss had a fragrance, it would be sandalwood. The scent of “chandan,” as it is called in Sanskrit, is s
A flower essence is a bioenergetic imprint of a flower that has been transferred and stabilized in water. It is the Qi or life force of the flower that has been captured by water. Flower essences work
I am pleased to announce the release of the new traditionally made FlorAlchemy Flower Essences. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to bring many unique flower essences, such as Immortelle an
Until now, our travels through the agricultural regions, the argan forests of the coastal areas, the Atlas Mountains and the cities of Fez and Marrakech had been delightful, intriguing, educational an
A cold fog was blowing through the forest. Hamid pulled the car over and let us out along with Mohammed, our guide for the morning. We were outside of Ifrane, where we had spent the night. He drove o
In the village of Azrou, situated in the Middle Atlas Mountains, we had the good fortune of meeting the women of the Al Amal Cooperative. Al amal in Arabic means hope; it is here that nine women
“Today we will see distillation in the home,” Hamid announced. We had just emerged from the medina and were ready for our afternoon excursion. I had no idea what he was referring to, but it sounded i
I woke to the voice of God speaking in the language of birds and bubbling fountains; a short time latter two small earthquakes shook the pillared riad where we were staying. Welcome to Fez, the place
Casablanca disappeared behind us in a haze of diesel fumes, street dust and factory smoke. It took a long time to get out of the crowded city, but eventually we were passing through oak groves harvest
The plane glided from the stratosphere toward dawn spreading across Morocco. Layers of violet and indigo sky gradually changed to blazing gold and fiery orange as the first rays spread across the clou
We are gearing up for our Earth Day Celebration this week. To get started watch this inspiring video on The Learning Garden in Venice, Ca. This amazing program teaches high school students science thr
Today's video features a new essential oil offered from an Eco-project based in Haiti. David Crow shares how one amazing aromatic plant not only produces a soothing oil that is so needed in today's wo