Internationally Renowned Author & Teacher Dr. David Frawley
Soma: The Universal Power Of Rejuvenation For Body And Mind
Rejuvenation or Rasayana is the highest therapy of Ayurveda and Yoga, for which the purifying practices of Pancha Karma and Hatha Yoga are but preliminaries. Rasayana helps us reduce the aging process, recover from chronic disease, strengthen both physical and psychological immunity, gain greater endurance, and access higher awareness and creativity.
Most importantly, Rasayana relates to our deeper search for immortality that ultimately lies in consciousness itself. This power of rejuvenation and immortality is called Soma in Vedic and Yogic thought, “the nectar of immortality” and is a subject filled with profound symbolism and mystical secrets.
About The Audio Course with Dr. David Frawley
The audio course will guide you systematically through special Yoga and Ayurveda Rejuvenation and Soma practices. It will unfold for you how to develop your inner Soma or power of bliss, rejuvenation and immortality, through which we can master our own brain chemistry and access a transformative intelligence beyond the conditioning of the mind.
The course explains the principles of the Rasayana or Rejuvenative paradigm of Ayurvedic treatment and Yoga therapy, starting with a new understanding of the energies of the physical body, the subtle body and its chakra system, along with the forces of the underlying greater universe of Self-awareness. It addresses the botanical aspect of Soma in detail, including the nature of the original Soma plants, and Soma plants that we can use today. It perhaps uniquely explains the yogic aspect of Soma and rejuvenation, particularly through rejuvenative forms of pranayama, mantra and meditation, not widely taught or understood.
The course is relevant to all Yoga and Ayurveda students and will provide you with a new dimension to your practice and a new model to view well-being in its broader implications. It is essential for anyone seeking to go beyond chemical medicine and access the wellsprings of healing at the core of our own consciousness. After hearing this higher knowledge, you will look at yourself and the process of healing in an entirely new light.
The Course Modules
Dates listed are the dates when the modules are released; purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch.
1) The Search for the Physical Soma – The search for rejuvenative plants, magic healing plants, elixirs and Somas; The question of Soma as a particular plant; Soma as a type of healing plants, their characteristics and locations; The inner Soma of the nervous system.
Available 10/10/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
2) Soma Nutrition and Rejuvenative Diet – Application of Rasayana therapy in Ayurveda; Physiology of Soma and Rejuvenation, doshas, subdoshas, dhatus, Prana, Tejas, Ojas; Soma Foods and Rejuvenative Diet, Agni Rasayana; Dietary issues, raw foods, dairy products and rejuvenative foods.
Available 10/17/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
3) Rejuvenative and Soma Plants 1 – Nature and types of rejuvenative plants, Ojas-increasing herbs, awareness-stimulating herbs, blood-protecting agents; Special Soma waters and Shilajit, the nectar of the mountains.
Available 10/24/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
4) Rejuvenative and Soma Plants 2 – Additional Rasayana herbs, prime Ayurvedic tonic herbs, Amla and Chyavan prash; Rejuvenative herbs for the mind (Medhya Rasayanas), types of Brahmi; Soma Aromas and rejuvenative fragrances.
Available 10/31/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
5) The Search for the Spiritual Soma – Yoga therapy (Yoga chikitsa) and rejuvenation; Raja Yoga as a therapeutic model; Soma as Samadhi or inner absorption; Agni Yoga and Soma Yoga: Purification and regeneration; Energetics of the subtle body and the chakras, Soma and Kundalini.
Available 11/7/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
6) Prana, Rejuvenation and Soma – Asana, five pranas and Soma, finding the point of balance and well-being; Pranayama, the unitary Prana of healing and immortality; Techniques to unify the Prana, alternate nostril breathing, Khechari mudra.
Available 11/14/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
7) Mantra and Rejuvenation of the Mind – Mantra and the mind; Soma and the presence of Shiva; Soma and the power of Shakti, Soma and Sundari, the thousand petal lotus of the head; Special Soma Bija mantras and formulas.
Available 11/21/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
8) Meditation, Rejuvenation, and Immortality – Pure consciousness beyond time and space; The Soma of Samadhi: Self-inquiry; devotion and surrender, the core of Soma in the heart; Summary of course and its application.
Available 12/5/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
Exclusive Q&A Classes with Dr. David Frawley!
There will be an exclusive question and answer class with David Frawley for all course participants. You'll be able to submit your questions as you take his classes. He'll answer your questions during the Q&A classes.
-Q&A Class: Available 12/12/13 (purchasers may access the classes at any point after their launch)
Registration and Pricing
The course includes all eight modules and the Q&A class.
Free Course Introduction
An Interview With David Frawley
Click here to listen to an exclusive interview with David Frawley
This is an excellent way to get a sense of whether this course is for you. It is an illuminating and entertaining listen!
About David Frawley
David Frawley (Pandit Vamadeva Shastri) is one of the pioneers of Ayurvedic medicine in the western world authoring over ten books on the subject and an entire Ayurvedic study course and helped to found a number of Ayurvedic schools. In India David is widely recognized as a respected Vedacharya (Vedic teacher), a Vaidya (Ayurvedic doctor and teacher), Jyotishi (Vedic astrologer), Puranic (Vedic historian), a Hindu acharya (Hindu religious teacher) and a Yogi.
"David Frawley is one of the most important scholars of Ayurveda and Vedic Science today. I have great respect and admiration for his knowledge and the way he has expounded the ancient wisdom of the Vedas."
- Deepak Chopra