- Farm to Pharmacy Intensive Training
- Jun 20, 2011 - Jun 24, 2011
- Goldthread Herb Farm - Conway
- Floracopeia Live Events
Join William Siff and David Crow at the Goldthread Herb Farm in beautiful Northampton, MA for a week long intensive in the principles of cultivating, harvesting, preparing and administering fresh local medicinal plants.
This one week intensive hands on training is the second in a series of seasonal programs designed to replicate the revolutionary Farm to Pharmacy model of grassroots healthcare using medicinal plants cultivated, produced and distributed through local Community Supported Agriculture.
Farm to Pharmacy Intensive Immersion Syllabus
Following the cycle of a typical farming year in New England, the Farm to Pharmacy intensives are held in the spring, summer and fall with the intention to provide students learning opportunities that follow the seasonal rhythms.
Taken as a complete series the curriculum offers a sequential progression of training experiences; at the same time each module is a complete program that contains all the core elements of the entire series.
The three seasonal modules will be co-taught by William Siff, L.Ac. and David Crow, L.Ac. Each module will include both hands-on and academic components, including:
• Detailed information on the propagation, harvesting and processing techniques of twenty-five to thirty major herbs growing at the farm
• Botanical characteristics, medicinal properties, and therapeutic uses and effects of those herbs
• Daily herb walks and plant identification in the gardens
• Easy ways to integrate herbs into the diet and daily routines for increased health and immunity
• Specific remedies for common ailments
• Contemplative and experiential approaches to studying herbal medicines and their effects
• Preparing tinctures, syrups, teas, salves, elixirs, and oils from freshly harvested herbs
• Distillation of essential oils and hydrosols over a wood fired still
• Using locally produced essential oils and hydrosols
• Introduction to Chinese, Ayurvedic, and Western herbal theories
• Replicating the Farm to Pharmacy model in other communities
• Integrating medicinal plants into local CSA’s
For further information and registration, visit www.goldthreadapothecary.com
EventList powered by schlu.net