Frankincense Hydrosol, Boswellia carterii
How to Use Frankincense Hydrosol
- As a Facial Mist & Toner: Generously mist on face, neck & décolletage after cleansing. It can be used anytime throughout the day. If you have dry skin, it is best to immediately apply one of our serums (while the face is still moist) to lock in moisture.
Benefits: Frankincense is a precious aromatic treasure for the skin. Our high quality frankincense excels at enhancing skin health & beauty. This aromatic water purifies oily or troubled complexions, rejuvenates mature skin, and if used over time, reduces the effects of time (as seen in facial lines & wrinkles).
- As a Compress: Place washcloth in a bowl of cool/cold water to make a cold compress or hot water (tolerable) to make a hot compress. Pour contents of one bottle frankincense water into one cup water, stir & then saturate washcloth. Ring out. Fold washcloth flat and place on desired area. Leave on for 10 minutes or as long as desired. Repeat as often as desired.
Benefits: To regenerate, purify & speed healing to areas of need. Considered supportive for injured areas, womb (moon cycle discomfort, after birth or miscarriage), breasts, skin imbalances, cold/flu season discomfort (on forehead), etc.
- As a Meditation Enhancer: Use as an ‘aura’ spray, misting around yourself before yoga, meditation and spiritual practice.
Benefits: This sacred scent has been used since time immemorial for enhancing spiritual practice and meditation. Grounds, calms the mind and enhances connection.
- As a Female Wash: Add contents of one bottle to a douche bulb. Hold hydrosol internally (in the vaginal canal, etc) for 10 minutes (or longer). Release. Can be done several times a day consecutively for several days until comfort is achieved.
Benefits: Purifies & restores health when a woman is experiencing heat, irritation, itchiness, & imbalanced flora in the reproductive area. Best when used with other herbal therapies geared to address the root of the imbalance.
- As a Dental Rinse: Use as you would a mouthwash, applying a TBSP or so after brushing. It can be used throughout the day for stubborn issues or prevention.
Benefits: Frankincense is highly therapeutic for dental health to purify the mouth, prevent problems and regenerate tissue and gums.
- As a Clearing Room Spray: Spray around any environment many times a day.
Benefits: Enhances connection and uplifts the spirit. Purifies the air.
- As a Yoga Mat Spray: Spray on, leave on for 1 minute and wipe off. Refreshes and purifies stale mats.
How to make a cold or hot compress: Saturate washcloth with ½ bottle cold hydrosol (refrigerated) OR warm to hot hydrosol (heated gently on the stove—watch carefully—don't over heat). Ring out. Fold washcloth flat and place on desired area. Leave on for 10 minutes or more. Repeat as often as desired. *Using more hydrosol for your compress or diluting it with water (up to ½) is also an option.
*Please test patch your particular mat first for compatibility.
Our skin care line is 100% natural and contains no chemical preservatives. As such, the products should be treated carefully and not exposed to high heat, direct sunlight, or compromising conditions.
Bottle Size: 2 oz