About Marula Oil
Marula is a versatile carrier oil that feels lightweight on the skin as it delivers lasting, deep moisture. It is a great body oil for all skin types including extra-sensitive. Healing marula oil is known as Africa’s beauty secret. It imparts a dewy luminescence and keeps skin youthful. It is incredibly shelf-stable and has a mild, delicate scent that easily integrates your custom aromatherapy additions.
Marula oil is notably high in vitamin C, and packed with antioxidants and essential fatty acids. This powerhouse oil deeply heals the skin by stimulating cellular renewal and activity. It is traditionally used in Africa to protect the skin and hair from harsh elements.
Native to South Africa, the marula tree provides abundance and nutrition. The animal kingdom also benefits: elephants enjoy feasting on fermented marula fruits and have been known to become intoxicated. This has earned marula the moniker “the fruit that drives the elephants mad.”
Our wild harvested South African Marula oil is cold-pressed and unrefined. This clear, virgin oil is from the kernel of the marula fruit (which itself is mango-like). Marula oil is considered non-clogging to your pores. As with all carrier oils, keep your bottle out of direct sunlight and heat and use within one year of opening.
The superior quality of our Marula oil comes from doing direct business with our product suppliers. Direct purchasing assures that our products deliver the healing, profound results that you expect from Floracopeia. We guarantee that all of our oils are fresh and stored with care. All carrier oils may become rancid and irritating to the skin with age and improper storage.
How to Use Marula Oil
On the Body
- In the evening, apply to the face, neck and decolletage as a nourishing night treatment. Wash your face as usual in the morning.
- Marula oil can be used head to toe in place of your moisturizer.
- For a luxurious, extra-deep moisturizing treatment, massage into damp skin.
- Apply to troublesome dry areas such as elbows and knees to smooth and soothe.
- Make it your own! Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to the bottle for an extra-pleasing, personalized scent.
On the Hair
- As a nourishing styling product: rub just a drop or two between your palms, and then smooth over dry or flyaway ends.
- To restore moisture and manageability to frizzy, dry, or lackluster hair: massage a generous amount of oil into your dry hair and scalp. Relax while the Marula soaks in (you can leave it overnight), then wash your hair. You will find that your hair is uncommonly soft, bouncy, and full of shine.
Non-greasy and non-allergenic. This therapeutic-grade Marula oil is has little fragrance, so it is an excellent carrier for essential oils.
Our skin care line is 100% natural and contains no chemical preservatives. As such, the products should be treated carefully and not exposed to high heat, direct sunlight, or compromising conditions.
Safety Considerations for Marula Oil
Do not take internally. Do not apply directly to eyes or mucous membranes. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any disease or health condition. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner. The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Who should use Marula Oil?
All skin types benefit from using Marula oil, especially mature, dry, and sensitive skin.
Marula is remarkably compatible with differing skin types. It delivers deep, non-greasy and lasting moisture. Nearly odorless, it beautifully takes on the scent of your favorite added skincare essential oils.
Bottle Size: 4oz