Moena Essential Oil
About Moena Essential Oil
Floracopeia introduces Moena essential oil, the first distillation of its kind, as a therapeutic oil that will bring cooling comfort to sore muscles. Its precious cousin, Brazilian Rosewood, was driven to near extinction for its essential oil, and now we are working with an incredible team (eco-project Camino Verde) whose mission is to protect, restore and share the offerings of this healing tree. Similar to how Palo Santo was unknown to the aromatherapy world before David Crow introduced its essential oil form (read all about it in Sacred Smoke), the Moena tree essential oil has not yet been sold to the international market.
The Amazon offers the world an incredible richness of healing gems; its scents are many and varied, and its medicines are immeasurable. The Amazonian Moena tree has developed defenses to resist the troubles of rainforest life: decay, moisture, fungi and bacteria. As aromatherapy teaches, the essential oil is the immune intelligence of the plant. We benefit greatly from this immune intelligence, it becomes a pathway to health through aromatherapy.
Moena oil is a natural purifier: use it in your diffuser to boost health through the winter months. In Peruvian medicinal traditions, Moena oil is cooling, and so we use this oil to reduce excess heat. This heat can form in the mind or the body as anger, irritability, or hot, inflamed discomfort in the muscles and joints.
The clean, purifying nature of Moena’s presiding camphoraceous notes speak to its cooling and purifying properties. Distilling essential oils from trees often produces oils that enhance spirituality. Palo santo, frankincense, sandalwood, agarwood...It is as if this wisdom comes from their arboreal greatness. Moena is a strong oil that will focus and cool the mind, and is excellent for use during the hot part of the day, or when hot emotions are high, such as anger, irritation, and uptightness.
How to Use Moena Essential Oil
- Massage Oil: Blend a few drops of Moena oil with any massage oil to decrease tension, discomfort, and strain in the body, and replace with cooling comfort.
Other ways to use Moena Essential oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Place a drop of this cooling and clarifying oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a few deep inhalations.
- Cool Compress: Soak a washcloth in a bowl of water with several drops of Moena. Apply the washcloth to the area of discomfort and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Diffuser: Moena oil is an ideal oil for your diffuser, especially when combined with palo santo and some citrus oil. Diffuse it in your home to help purify and stay healthy.
Moena Essential Oil Recipes
- Moena Purification Bath (bath salt blend): 4 drops moena, 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops grapefruit, 2 drops rose geranium in 1 cup Dead Sea or Epsom salts. Add a scoop to your bathwater and soak away bodily discomforts.
Moena Essential Oil Profile
This Moena essential oil is from trees native to the Peruvian Amazon. This oil is steam-distilled from the leaves, branches, and bark. The branches for distillation are pruned, as they would otherwise fall from the trees. All plant materials come from the sustainable harvest of 500 reforested trees.
In an effort to keep Amazonian trees alive, our distiller (eco-project Camino Verde) harvests and utilizes the essential oil contained in the leaves, bark, branches, wood and flowers of Moena trees that would otherwise be cut for timber. Moena trees can produce a sustainable amount of essential oil without harvesting the trees. A tree that can support the national economy will stay alive.
The Moena tree is related to many familiar aromatic plants including Cinnamon, Bay Laurel, and Camphor. In the Amazon, the moenas includes many unique aromatic trees, the most famous of which, Brazilian rosewood, was driven almost to extinction for its essential oil.
Aromatic Profile and Blending for Moena Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: sharp green, grassy and camphoraceous, with terpenic and tea notes
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: other woods and resins such as cedarwood, frankincense, sandalwood; all citrus oils, clary sage and lavender, geranium
Safety Considerations for Moena Essential Oil
May cause irritation to sensitive individuals, in which case it should be diluted. Do not take Moena essential oil internally.
- Botanical Name:Endlicheria metallica
- Family: Lauraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Moena Essential Oil
- Origin: Peru
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Branch, leaves, bark of limbs that would otherwise fall
- Color: clear
- Consistency: Thin
- Bottle Size: ¼ Dram (0.95 mL)