Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
A unique species of cypress from Bhutan, use this versatile essential oil in any aromatherapy formulation to promote calm, deep sleep and hormonal balance as well as to expand the breath, clear the air and tone the skin.
About Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
Our Bhutan Cypress essential oil is distilled from cypress leaves and branches hand harvested from trees that soar up to 150 feet into the sky. The pristine environment in Bhutan endows this refreshing elixir with potent aromatherapeutic qualities. Cypress essential oil deepens and expands the breath and is very beneficial to use in your diffuser or formulations in times of stress, loss of sleep or hormonal challenges. It offers a wide range of applications when its astringent properties are called for.
Cypress has been traditionally used to beautify the skin and scalp. The astringent nature of this oil is very helpful for summertime skin, or whenever there are oily, teenage/troubled or sweaty conditions. You can also routinely count on cypress to keep your home fresh and clean when added to your household cleansers.
For the mind, cypress is known to have a refreshing, cleansing effect which can dispel worry and stress. Diffused, invigorating cypress oil will clear the air whenever it has been left heavy or stagnant. Cypress is a useful essential oil for promoting concentration and productivity. This Bhutan Cypress’ aromatic profile lends itself to soothing hormonal imbalances and promoting deep, restful sleep.
How to Use Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
In the Diffuser: Bhutan Cypress oil can be used to deodorize your rooms, add as often as needed for a great boost in pure, fresh air quality, as well as a calming, focused atmosphere.
Other Ways to Use Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
Bhutan Cypress is a valuable essential oil and can be applied topically, through direct inhalation, or diffused.
- Use as a compress to support comfortable muscles and joints after strenuous or repetitive activity.
- Blend up to a 5% dilution in a massage oil and massage gently into skin to support healthy inflammatory response.
- Diffuse for relaxation, a clear mind, deep sleep and balanced hormones
- Use diluted in a carrier oil or hydrosol as an astringent to balance oily, problematic skin.
Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil Recipes
- Smoother Body Salt Scrub: Blend 5 drops cypress oil with 7 drops grapefruit and 3 drops patchouli in a cup of sea salts with ½ cup jojoba for a wonderful detoxing salt scrub.
- Calm, Center and Focus Formula: Blend 7 drops cypress, 5 drops lavender, 2 drops vetiver, 3 drops grapefruit, and 2 drops cedar for a diffuser synergy.
- Oil Balancer Formula: Blend 7 drops cypress with 5 drops rose geranium and 2 drops chamomile in 1 oz of jojoba for a wonderful facial massage oil.
Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil Profile
Our Bhutan Cypress essential oil is hand harvested and distilled from the leaves and twigs of the Bhutan Cypress tree.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Mid to top
- Odor: woody, wet earth, forest floor, peppery, stimulating, piney
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With: Other wood oils including cedar and sandalwood; conifers such as pine and juniper; florals like rose geranium, lavender, clary sage, and ylang-ylang; helichrysum, palmarosa, and citrus oil such as grapefruit, bergamot and lemon.
- Botanical Name: Cupressus tolurosa
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
- Origin: Bhutan
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Unsprayed
- Plant Part: Leaves and twigs
- Color: Pale yellow to clear
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.2% - 0.8%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Safety Considerations for Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil
Non-toxic and non-irritant. Do not take internally. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner.
Interesting Bhutan Cypress Essential Oil Information
The essential oil of Bhutan Cypress leaves is not widely available commercially. Floracopeia is able to provide this unique oil in partnership with Karma Tshetem, who is bringing ethical, sustainable essential oil distillation to Bhutan
Cupressus torulosa, Bhutan Cypress or Himalayan Cypress, is the National Tree of Bhutan. Locally, it is known as ‘Tsenden’. The Bhutanese people consider the cypress sacred and they have great reverence for this majestic tree. The people of Bhutan compare its ability to survive in difficult, rugged and harsh terrains and the strong and straight form of the tree to their own simplicity, hardiness and bravery.
Cypress is often planted outside monasteries, dzongs and religious places and its wood and branches have been used as incense for thousands of years. It is found at high elevations in the Himalayas and requires an abundance of sunlight.
Cypress is an evergreen tree that can grow up to 150 feet high. The cones of the cypress tree appear from February-March, while the seed matures from May-June. Its wood is hard and durable with a straight grain and fine texture, while also being aromatic. The essential oil extracted from root-wood of Bhutan Cypress is also beneficial and is used in medicine to cure inflammatory wounds, as an antiseptic and to make cosmetics.
Health Benefits: Traditionally used for its astringent properties for oily or sweaty skin, cypress essential oil supports the health of the skin and hair. Cypress oil has long been regarded as a highly beneficial oil for the respiratory system and for soothing stress and anxiety. Cypress is a useful essential oil for concentration and focus.
- Bottle Size:
- 1/2 oz (15mL)
- Latin Name:
- Cupressus torulosa
- Country of Origin: