There’s an invisible life force that flows through everything — including your home and workspace...
When that energy flows freely, you and your space are filled with vibrancy, creativity, and vitality. When this flow becomes blocked, the atmosphere becomes stagnant as negative energy invades your space.
You can clear out negative, chaotic energy — in your body, mind, spirit and space — so you and your space feels lighter, brighter, and more creative…
Especially with so many of our living and working spaces operating as one these days, this energetic negativity absolutely affects how you feel…
The negative energy might mean you have trouble sleeping, feel stressed, or feel steeped in negative thoughts and emotions.
Your space is especially vulnerable to negative energy if you were recently sick, just experienced an emotional loss or life transition — or sometimes, if you had an argument with your partner.
Thankfully, you can clear out the negative, chaotic energy — so your space feels lighter, brighter, and more creative.
6 Ways to Clear Your Space of Negative Energy
1. Set a Whole New Intention For Your Space
As a must-do first step, ask yourself: How do you want your home to feel? Why do you want to cleanse it of negative energy? Be as specific as possible.
You might want to release a former friend or partner’s negative energy from your space so you can experience peace. Maybe you want to be more productive so you’re not always spinning your wheels. Perhaps you’d like to be more creative in your work so it brings you joy again.
After you’ve determined the why behind your desire to clear the negativity, breathe in deeply to spread that clear intention into your space — and put your energetic shifts in motion...
2. Burn Incense
Burning incense welcomes fresh energy into your home.
Incense not only clears your space, it possesses magical powers of attracting love, prosperity, good fortune, and more. Depending on the variety you’re burning, it can also enhance mental clarity.
To clear your space, simply burn incense of your choice until smoke appears — then walk through your space as you carry it along with you, keeping in mind your intention.
(Just remember to open your windows, and of course never leave anything alone while it’s burning.)
Wondering which incense to try? Take a look at these:
- Our Palo Santo Wood Chips have long been worshiped by indigenous cultures for their purifying and healing powers. A natural purifier, their settling, calming and grounding qualities, make them a great ally for maintaining emotional balance in your home.
- Our Sandalwood Pure Wood Incense is renowned for its calming, uplifting powers and has long been a staple of sacred practice. It calms a worried mind and creates a serene state of consciousness in your space.
3. Welcome in the Fresh-And-Familiar Scent of Lemon
While many essential oils have amazing energy-cleansing properties (more on that in a moment!) there’s a very good reason Lemon Essential Oil is included in so many household cleaners…
It has a unique ability for increasing mental clarity and elevating the mood of any room — making it perfect for clearing negative energy in your home or workplace.
The fresh, sweet scent of lemon, combined with its healing properties, might also be perfect for you if you’re sensitive to stronger-smelling oils such as tea tree oil.
4. Burn Dried Herbs
For centuries, people all over the world have burned fragrant herbs to clear negative energy.
To bring this ritual into your own space, simply place your dried herb of choice in a fire-safe container and light until you see a flame — then blow it out!
As the embers continue to burn, gently fan the embers while spreading smoke into every corner of the room.
And if you’re sensitive to smoke, you can instead clear your space using plants...
5. Bring the Smell of Plants Into Your Space
Plants hold remarkable powers when it comes to dissolving negativity, making essential oils a powerful go-to for welcoming positive energy into your space...
Simply place essential oils in your diffuser — or fill a clean spray bottle with equal parts witch hazel and distilled water, add 20-30 drops of essential oil of your choice, shake, and mist your living space.
Try these timeless plants to cleanse your space of negativity:
- Lavender Kashmir Essential Oil’s cooling, relaxing and uplifting effects have been cherished throughout the world for thousands of years. It also reduces feelings of anger, agitation and insecurity.
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil’s crisp, clean fragrance has a refreshing and stimulating action on the mind that improves concentration and alleviates grief and sorrow. It opens the heart and intellect while equalizing emotions.
- Bergamot Essential Oil’s powerful mood stabilizing effect and bright fragrance makes it the perfect year-round fragrance for creating a fresh, welcoming home.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. Bring creativity, peace, and joy into your space as this powerful oil raises the spirit, relaxes mind and body, opens the heart and enhances euphoric sensual moods.
- Frankincense Serrata. Revered for its powerfully uplifting and clarifying effects on the body and mind, it provides protection for you and your family as it encourages healthy moods in your space.
- Peppermint Essential Oil sharpens mental focus by removing dull and hazy feelings. It stimulates mental agility, improves concentration, and protects against worry, grief and heaviness.
… and try out this beloved essential blend, Pure Space Mist — a potent synergy of Palo santo, neroli and ylang ylang and handcrafted global flower essences — to clear your space and detoxify the body-mind.
6. Declutter Physically, Too
When you’re focusing on the energetic state of your home, it’s easy to forget about physical clutter — but it’s an absolutely essential element of clearing out the negative energy.
Every physical object in your orbit holds energy, and whether you have a positive or negative association with it, it’s affecting you.
If getting rid of clutter all at once seems overwhelming, set aside some time each week to make a small dent in the piles of belongings lying around or your jam-packed junk drawers.
You’ll experience energetic aha moments before you know it...
Protection for Your Mind, Body, Spirit & Space
If you’re feeling inspired to lavish some extra care on yourself and your space during these winter months, we’re sharing our essential oils — plus select roll-ons and tinctures — at 25% off.
Just use the code Winter2021 at checkout
(Don’t wait! This offer only lasts through Sunday, February 28, 2021.)