Cypress Essential Oil
About Cypress Essential Oil
Our beautiful French oil distilled from cypress branches; the purity of the environment endows this refreshing elixir with potent aromatherapeutic qualities. Cypress essential oil deepens and expands the breath and is very beneficial to use in your diffuser or formulations in times of stress. It offers a wide range of applications when its astringent properties are called for.
Cypress has been traditionally used to beautify the skin and scalp. The astringent nature of this oil is very helpful for summertime skin, or whenever there are oily, teenage/troubled or sweaty conditions. You can also routinely count on cypress to keep your home fresh and clean when added to your household cleansers.
For the mind, cypress is known to have a refreshing, cleansing effect which can dispel worry and stress. Diffused, invigorating cypress oil will clear the air whenever it has been left heavy or stagnant. Cypress is a useful essential oil for promoting concentration and productivity.
How to Use Cypress Essential Oil
- In the Diffuser: Cypress oil can be used to deodorize your rooms, add as often as needed for a great boost in pure, fresh air quality.
Other Ways to Use Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress essential oil can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Two drops in the palm for inhalation can calm and soothe the spirit helping to bring in the expansive energy of the great trees.
- Add 7 drops cypress, 5 drops eucalyptus, 4 drops lemon and 7 drops pine to a 1 oz spray bottle with water for a disinfecting and enlivening room spray.
- Diffuse cypress oil with lavender to soothe the nervous system, reducing stress and feelings of being overwhelmed.
Cypress Essential Oil Recipes
- Smoother Body Salt Scrub: Blend 5 drops cypress oil with 7 drops grapefruit and 3 drops patchouli in a cup of sea salts with ½ cup jojoba for a wonderful detoxing salt scrub.
- Calm, Center and Focus Formula: Blend 7 drops cypress, 5 drops lavender, 2 drops vetiver, 3 drops grapefruit, and 2 drops cedar for a diffusor synergy.
- Oil Balancer Formula: Blend 7 drops cypress with 5 drops rose geranium and 2 drops roman chamomile in 1 oz of jojoba for a wonderful facial massage oil.
- Botanical Name: Cupressus sempervirens
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Cypress Essential Oil
- Origin: France
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Unsprayed
- Plant Part: Leaves and twigs
- Color: Pale yellow to clear
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.2% - 0.8%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Safety Considerations for Cypress Essential Oil
Non-toxic and non-irritant. Do not take internally. The information on this web-site is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any disease or health condition. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner. The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Cypress Essential Oil Profile
Our French oil is distilled from cypress branches.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Cypress Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Mid to top
- Odor: Piney, woody, refreshing
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With: Other wood oils including cedar and sandalwood; conifers such as pine and juniper; florals like rose geranium, lavender, clary sage, and ylang-ylang; helichrysum, palmarosa, and citrus oil such as grapefruit, bergamot and lemon.
Interesting Cypress Essential Oil Information
A beautiful French oil distilled from cypress branches. Cypress essential oil deepens and expands the breath and is very beneficial in times of anxiety or stress. It offers a wide range of applications when its astringent properties are called for.
Health Benefits: Traditionally used for its astringent properties for oily or sweaty skin, cypress essential oil supports the health of the skin and hair. Cypress oil has long been regarded as a highly beneficial oil for the respiratory system and for soothing stress and anxiety. Cypress is a useful essential oil for concentration and focus.
- Latin Name:
- Cupressus sempervirens
- Country of Origin: