Sandalwood Essential Oil, Royal Hawaiian
About Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
Floracopeia is very excited to offer an exquisite sustainable sandalwood oil from a reforestation project on the big island of Hawaii. We knew as soon as we heard of this phenomenal project that we had to become a part of this story. The more that you know about this eco-project, the more you will fall in love with this exquisite and unique sandalwood oil. The story of this entirely sustainable sandalwood, Santalum paniculatum, represents an unheard of treasure that has not been available for some 200 years.
Let this Floracopeia favorite infuse your meditation and skin care routines with the pristine healing elements of nature at its purest. This precious sandalwood oil has a sweet and smooth aromatic profile, reflecting the pure and natural elements where it grows on the Big Island of Hawaii. The qualities of this oil are quite unique. They are similar in some ways to what everyone has come to expect from a traditional Santalum alba, such as the deep woody richness. What is so surprising is that this is layered with a captivating nutty and volcanic sweetness from its pristine native ecosystem.
Renowned for its calming, uplifting powers, the “divine oil” of sandalwood has been a staple of sacred practice from prehistoric times to the present day. A quintessential component to ritual and meditation, sandalwood calms a worried mind to support a serene state. One of perfumery’s most revered substances, sandalwood oil is prized for its tranquil, nourishing and satisfying fragrance. The fragrance quiets the mind and emotions, opens the heart, enhances concentration and opens higher centers of intuition. It enhances romantic moods with its soft, sensual, and centering spicy-warm fragrance.
Sandalwood oil is known for its ability to create clarity and meditative awareness. Sandalwood oil promotes what is known in Ayurvedic Medicine as ojas or nutritional essence. Therefore, Sandalwood is strengthening to the vital health of the entire body and gives satisfaction to the mind.
It is a befitting choice for enhancing the health and beauty of all skin types, and is particularly useful for alleviating irritated and red skin. Just place a drop or two into your moisturizer during your daily skincare regimen and apply as needed. It can be employed synergistically with lavender and helichrysum for skin that has been overexposed to the sun. Sandalwood oil is among the very best oils to use on a daily basis as a healing perfume. It is considered highly sattvic, which means it promotes good health, tranquility, clarity and is very safe to use.
How to Use Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Perfume: Sandalwood is truly a supreme perfume. Its fragrance is universally loved and its healing effects are unsurpassed. Place a drop on the wrists, neck, crown of the head and center of the chest for a transformative effect.
- Meditation Anointment: Apply one drop between the eyebrows prior to meditation to support a serene and clear state.
- For Radiant Skin: Add a drop or two to facial moisturizer, or apply neat as a rejuvenating skin tonic.
- For Relaxation: Massage several drops into temples and back of neck to calm the mind. It is especially lovely when added to a warm bath.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse to promote deep, restful sleep or anytime a calm environment is needed. Wonderful diffused around children when it is time for quiet and calm.
- Sandalwood Compress: Apply a warm compress over dry, reddened skin to help cool and hydrate.
- Moisturizing Mix: Add a drop or two to your regular moisturizer during your daily skincare regimen or apply as needed. Sandalwood is a befitting choice for enhancing the health and beauty of all skin types, and is particularly useful, especially when employed synergistically with lavender and helichrysum, to help treat skin that has been overexposed to the sun.
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Recipes
- Meditation Blend: 6 drops sandalwood oil, 8 drops frankincense oil, 3 drops frankincense and myrrh oil and 3 drops cedarwood in 30 mL of jojoba oil for topical application or direct inhalation.
- Female Blend: 2 drops sandalwood oil, 4 drops Eastern hemlock oil, 4 drops frankincense oil and 4 drops myrtle oil in 30 mL of carrier oil. Massage gently into breast tissue twice daily for two weeks, then rest for one week.
Safety Considerations for Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant. Do not take sandalwood essential oil internally.
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Profile
The Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood eco-project plants 20 sandalwood trees for every one tree that is harvested. As we all know, the world’s sandalwood trade has become quite ethically challenged. Trees are harvested too young, and the oil is often adulterated. This Hawaiian eco-project harvests trees based on their health, not just the value of the tree. Healthy and thriving trees are left to grow and flourish, and only trees that are in a state of decline are harvested to distill the precious heartwood.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Odor: Woody, smooth, rich, earthy, nutty, sweet
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With:Rose and neroli; wood oils like frankincense and cedarwood; woody, earthy note oils such as patchouli, orris root, and vetiver; floral oils such as jasmine sambac and ylang-ylang oil
- Botanical Name:Santalum paniculatum
- Family: Santalaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Origin: Hawaii
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Eco-harvested
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Color: Clear to light to rich yellow
- Consistency: Viscous
- Yield: ~1% for younger trees, 2.5% - 6% for more mature trees
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)
Interesting Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Information
Sandalwood oil is a true aromatic gem and it has a long history of use in ethno-botanical medicine, religious and ceremonial ritual, cosmetics, perfumery and meditation. The practice of purification through prayer of all kinds was frequently accompanied by the burning of incense such as sandalwood and frankincense resin. Though the purpose was to promote spiritual refinement through prayer accompanied by sacred scents, the burning of sandalwood actually served a dual purpose: sandalwood has spiritually and emotionally uplifting as well as purifying properties.
Because of its uniquely rich and smooth fragrance and potent healing properties, and because the entire tree must be harvested in order to extract the essential oil, sandalwood has become increasingly rare and is now far too often obtained from areas that are over-harvested, illegally harvested and facing ecological threat through deforestation and grazing. The vast majority of sandalwood oil on the market is adulterated or produced under unethical conditions; at the same time, numerous agro-forestry projects, such as the one Floracopeia is engaged in, are starting up and need support through the sales of their products. A purchase of this oil contributes directly to the reforestation of this ecologically threatened sandalwood.