Gingergrass Essential Oil
About Gingergrass Essential Oil
Therapeutically considered one of the more important of the Cymbopogon species, gingergrass is used in many herbal Ayurvedic preparations. As an essential oil, its warm, spicy, and herbal qualities can be directly inhaled (palm or steam) to support sinus and head circulation, easing heaviness.
One of its most important uses is for massage, where its significant circulation supporting qualities are used to strengthen and soothe joint and muscle well-being. Gingergrass, with its spicy and unique aroma, can be an excellent addition to your essential oil blends for massage or body oils.
Like palmarosa, gingergrass essential oil possesses both soothing and uplifting properties. Considered an oil that promotes sensual moods, it can also enhance mental energy and alertness, while easing tension from daily stress.
How to Use Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Massage Oil: Add several drops of gingergrass to your favorite massage oil and gently work into muscles after strenuous exercise or periods of lengthy or repetitive activity.
Other Ways to Use Gingergrass Essential Oil
Gingergrass can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add a few drops to steaming water (cover head with towel) and inhale through nose and mouth to support sinus and head clearing.
- Diffuse gingergrass during activities that require concentration or that are stress inducing.
Gingergrass Essential Oil Recipe
Safety Considerations for Gingergrass Essential Oil
Gingergrass is non-toxic and non-sensitizing. May be a slight dermal irritant to sensitive skin. Avoid use during pregnancy. Do not take gingergrass essential oil internally.
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon martinii var. sofia
- Family: Poaceae (Gramineae)
- Composition: 100% Pure Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Origin: India
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Unsprayed
- Plant Part: Grass
- Color: Pale yellow to light brown
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 1% - 1.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Gingergrass Essential Oil Profile
Renowned for its calming properties, this potent botanical cousin of lemongrass is grown in Maharasthra, India.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Bottle Size:
- 1/2 oz (15mL)
- Latin Name:
- Cymbopogon martinii var. sofia
- Country of Origin: