Healing Plants for Body, Soul, and Psyche
Healing Plants for Body, Soul, and Psyche: A Course with David Winston, RH (AHG)
Clinical trials prove that herbs can be extremely effective in reducing the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression — but only if you know how to use them properly.
This course will teach you how to identify the type of depression you or a loved one are suffering from, and which herbs are most effective for treating a specific type of depression. You’ll learn how to use herbal medicine safely, for maximum effectiveness, and why herbal medicine may not have worked for you in the past. You’ll also learn about herbs that have been proven to help the body respond better to stress and anxiety.
David Winston, RH(AHG) has been studying herbal medicine for 47 years, and he knows that herbs can help, especially with alleviating stress, depression and anxiety. He’s seen it work, over and over again. In “Healing Plants for Body, Soul, and Psyche,” Winston uses simple, clear language to explain why different people with the same condition respond differently (or don’t respond at all) to herbal remedies. Get ready to finally understand the root causes of your depression, anxiety, or chronic stress, and learn how to feel better!
In “Healing Plants for Body, Soul, and Psyche,” Winston uses simple, clear language to explain why different people with the same condition respond differently (or don’t respond at all) to herbal remedies.
What You Will Learn
- The seven types of depression, and how to treat each one with herbs (hint -- it’s different for each one)
- How to identify the unique type of depression that you or someone you love is suffering from
- The most effective herbs for “Old Age” depression, Thyroid-induced depression, SAD, and other types of depression
- Why orthodox treatment of depression may not work for you
- The root causes of a depressed or anxious emotional state, and what to do about it
- Simple methods to increase the effectiveness of herbal medicine
- An easy way to enhance your immune function AND help your body respond better to stress
- The best herbs for calming your nerves in stressful situations and how to take them so that they actually work!
- The link between physical ailments and depression, and the tell-tale signs that reveal where the disturbance is in your body
- The nine nutritive tonic herbs that will give you the most bang for your buck
- Which herbs work best for strength, stamina, and stress relief, and how to combine them for maximum effectiveness
- The top six “Brain Herbs” to increase cognitive function, alertness, and focus
You’ll also get access to TWO bonus modules. In the first 2-hour bonus module, The Ritual Use of Plants course, you’ll learn:
- How to use plants to relieve fear, grief, envy, and anger learn
- A method that has been used for thousands of years to clear negativity from a space learn
- How you can benefit from the ancient cultural tradition of tea as spiritual medicine
- Which plants have the power to reveal your true name, your guardian spirit, and even your life purpose
The second, one-hour bonus module is a Video Herb Walk with Instructor David Winston -- he’ll introduce you to his favorite "green friends" and explain the medicinal uses for each one as you take a tour through a clinical herbalist’s garden.
The Full Course Details
- The course consists of five modules that range from 60-90 minutes each, plus two bonus modules of similar length.
- The course is offered as both a video slideshow and audio format enabling you to tailor the information to your needs.
- You’ll also get detailed supporting information for each herb that David talks about, in downloadable PDF format. Print them out and read at your leisure, or save to your computer so that you can refer back to them at any time.
- You will also have access to David Winston in two online Q&A sessions, where you’ll be able to ask him about what you are learning.
- The video slideshow shares detailed, full-color images of each herb that David discusses, along with other images to assist in easy learning.
- You can stream the classes from the course website and/or download the audio files to your computer, tablet, or mobile device -- listen in the car during your daily commute, or wherever you like.
- You will own the course and can access it at any time, enabling you to listen as often as you like. It is a powerful life asset that is yours forever.
Note: This information is educational and general in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Information provided is not intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease. Individuals desiring help for specific health problems should seek advice from qualified professionals. If you are taking pharmaceutical medications or have an existing illness, you should speak to your doctor before stopping medications or adding herbs.
About David Winston, RH(AHG)
David Winston, RH(AHG) is an Herbalist and Ethnobotanist with 46 years of training in Cherokee, Chinese and Western herbal traditions. He has been in clinical practice for 39 years and is an herbal consultant to physicians, herbalists and researchers throughout the USA and Canada. In 2013 David was presented with the Natural Products Association (NPA) Clinician’s Award and awarded a fellowship by the Irish Register of Herbalists.
David is the founder/director of the Herbal Therapeutics Research Library and the dean of David Winston’s Center for Herbal Studies, a two-year training program in clinical herbal medicine. He is an internationally known lecturer and frequently teaches at medical schools, symposia and herb conferences. He is the president of Herbalist & Alchemist, Inc. a manufacturer that produces herbal products that blend the art and science of the world’s herbal traditions. In addition, David is a founding/professional member of the American Herbalist Guild, he has served four terms on the Board of Directors and he is on the American Botanical Council's Advisory Board.
David was a contributing author to American Herbalism, published in 1992 by Crossings Press,and the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia (AHP) , 2000-2013, the author of Saw Palmetto for Men & Women, Storey, 1999 and Herbal Therapeutics, Specific Indications For Herbs & Herbal Formulas, HTRL, 2013 and the co-author of Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina and Stress Relief, Healing Arts Press, 2007, and Winston and Kuhn’s Herbal Therapy and Supplements; A Scientific and Traditional Approach, Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott, 2008. He is also a member of the AHPA Expert Advisory Council that created the new edition of the Botanical Safety Handbook, CRC Press, published in 2013.
Watch these four free training videos about herbal medicine: