In the Garden of the Medicine Buddha Home Course
In the Garden of the Medicine Buddha
A Visionary Synthesis of Medicine, Ecology, & Spirituality
The relationship with nature that ancient cultures have maintained for millennia is passing away. At this turning point in history we have an opportunity before us like no other. The mandala of the Medicine Buddha’s Garden serves as a vision for a brighter and healthier future for ourselves, for the planet and for our children. It represents an ecologically renewed world purified by love and guided by enlightened wisdom. Its principles reveal the secrets of healing, happiness and interconnectedness to all things.
The Medicine Buddha is renowned in Tibetan Buddhism as the supreme physician who heals sickness and suffering of the body and mind. Taught by David Crow, Jai Dev Singh and renowned luminary, Robert Thurman, this course will guide you toward the discovery of magnificent dimensions of ecological spirituality represented by the Medicine Buddha and his healing realm.
What You Will Learn
- Guided Meditations: How to experience direct bodily awareness of interconnectedness with all beings through contemplating the five elements, three humors and prana.
- The Medicine Buddha As Healer of the Environment: How medicinal plants and holistic medical systems hold the key to environmental regeneration and poverty alleviation.
- The Teachings: Discover the inner, outer and secret level teachings of the Medicine Buddha practice and mandala visualization.
- Ayurvedic Cosmology & Healing: The principles of Ayurveda illuminate the underlying laws of nature, both subtle and gross. Through a language that is simultaneously scientific and poetic, Ayurveda teaches us the secrets to health and vitality through heightened energy (prana) and awareness.
- Exploring The Garden of Healing: Inspiring teachings on the herbs and essential oils found in the Medicine Buddha’s mandala as well as their uses for personal health.
The Full Course Details
- Eight modules consisting of over fifteen hours of video classes from David Crow, Robert Thurman and Jai Dev Singh.
- BONUS: Every person who joins the course will receive a free copy of David Crow's classic book, In Search of the Medicine Buddha.
The Course Modules
- MODULE 1: The Mandala of the Medicine Buddha's Garden--A vision of ecological spirituality and healing for the modern world. Taught by David Crow
- MODULE 2: Evolutionary Intelligence--Prana, the five elements and the healing force of biological unity. Taught by David Crow
- MODULE 3: Ayurvedic Comsmology and Healing--The yogic way of vitality and radiance. Taught by Jai Dev Singh
- MODULE 4: The Outer, Inner and Secret Levels of the Medicine Buddha--A mystical journey with Robert Thurman. Taught by Robert Thurman
- MODULE 5: The Healing Plants of the Medicine Buddha's Garden Part 1---Taught by David Crow
- MODULE 6: The Healing Plants of the Medicine Buddha's Garden Part 2---Taught by David Crow
- MODULE 7: Dharma and Healing in the Kali Yuga--A discussion of life, lore and enlightenment. With Robert Thurman, David Crow & Jai Dev Singh
- MODULE 8: The Healing Plants of the Medicine Buddha's Garden Part 3---Taught by David Crow
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this video are those of the teacher only, and may not represent the views of Floracopeia. The products and any claims made about specific products in this video have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided in this video, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging, is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this website for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or as a substitute for medication or other treatment prescribed by your physician or health care provider. You should consult with a physician or health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication or nutritional supplement, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.
Your Course TeachersDavid Crow is an acupuncturist and herbalist with over thirty years of clinical experience. He is the author of In Search of the Medicine Buddha, a book about his studies of Tibetan and Ayurvedic medicine in the Himalayas, and Sacred Smoke, about his studies of Palo Santo in Ecuador. He is the founder of Floracopeia, a company that supports ecologically sustainable agriculture through the production of essential oils. He is the co-founder of The Learning Garden, one of the country's largest school gardens, which has helped bring cultivation of organic food and medicinal plants into the Los Angeles public school system. David teaches Vipassana meditation with an emphasis on realizing the unity of body, mind and nature.
❝Larger than life scholar-activist destined to convey the Dharma, the precious teachings of Siddhartha, from Asia to America. The New York Times recently said Thurman 'is considered the leading American expert on Tibetan Buddhism'.❞ -Time Magazine
A recognized worldwide authority on religion and spirituality, Tibetan Buddhism, and long time friend of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Robert Thurman is an eloquent advocate of the relevance of Eastern ideas to our daily lives. In doing so, he has become a leading voice of the value of reason, peace and compassion. He was named one of Time magazine's 25 most influential Americans and has been profiled by The New York Times and People Magazine.
Jai Dev Singh is a yogi, teacher and practitioner of Ayurvedic Medicine. His innovative Ayurveda and Yoga courses have been attended and studied by thousands of people throughout the world. He is the creator of The Life-Force Formula, The Complete Course of Ayurveda and The Radiant Body Course. Jai Dev is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist and served as the Clinical Director at the California College of Ayurveda, as well as the director of the college's Pancha Karma Center and Ayurvedic Spa. He is a partner at Floracopeia Aromatic Treasures, a company inspired by Ayurveda and a visionary synthesis of medicine, ecology and spirituality. Jai Dev lives in northern California with his wife, Simrit Kaur, and their son.