Omumbiri Essential Oil
A sacred, aromatic gem, Omumbiri Essential Oil relaxes and calms with a light, citrusy aroma.
About Omumbiri Essential Oil
Featuring bright, fresh notes and a citrusy aroma similar to Frankincense, sacred Omumbiri (also known as Namibian Myrhh) is revered for its instantaneous calming effect — and its perfume-like qualities that relax, ease worries, soothe overactive minds, and provide a divine environment for meditation.
Our Omumbiri comes from a Woman’s Collaborative in the hills of the Kunene Region of Namibia that was community-built to ensure sustainability for both the planet and women involved.
As a result, the Omumbiri Essential is all-natural and pure — wild-harvested, then distilled right from the tree to bring you the highest quality botanicals, straight from the source.
How to Use Omumbiri Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Perhaps the easiest way to use Omumbiri oil is through a simple direct palm inhalation. Place a drop of this incredible oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation....it brings relaxation, calm and a happy, meditative mind.
- Diffuser: Diffusing Omumbiri Essential Oil will turn your home into an oasis! It will encourage healthy, uplifted moods and provide a beautiful aromatic environment.
Other Ways to Use Omumbiri Essential Oil
- To Soothe: Omumbiri essential oil can be applied topically (always diluted), as a compress, or in the bath
- As Perfume: The Himba women have traditionally used Omumbiri to perfume themselves. Use Omumbiri diluted in your own fragrance blends, or simply on its own!
- Botanical Name: Commiphora wildii
- Family: Burseraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Omumbiri Essential Oil
- Origin: Namibia
- Method of Extraction: Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild Harvested
- Plant Part: Resin
- Color: Pale, golden yellow
- Consistency: Medium
- Yield: 3% – 5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Safety Considerations for Omumbiri
Non-toxic, non-irritant. Do not take omumbiri essential oil internally.
Omumbiri Essential Oil Profile
Our wild harvested Omumbiri essential oil is gathered by the Himba women in the Kunene region of Namibia.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Omumbiri Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: fresh, citrusy, smooth with a hint of spicy mintiness.
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Light to medium
- Dry-out: soft, sweet, slightly musky
- Blends Well With: Florals like Lavender and Rose Geranium
Interesting Omumbiri Essential Oil Information
Our Omumbiri comes from a Woman’s Collaborative in the hills of the Kunene Region of Namibia
The local Himba women have been wild-harvesting the Omumbiri resin for thousands of years — and turning their harvest into sweet-smelling perfume.
- Latin Name:
- Commiphora wildii
- Country of Origin: