Bergamot Essential Oil
About Bergamot Essential Oil
The benefits of this oil are numerous and its aromatic profile is so compelling that it has been used for centuries in the perfume and confectionery industries. Bergamot’s bright sweetness has a tendency to produce big smiles when a few drops are added to your diffuser.
When diffused, Bergamot has powerful mood stabilizing effects. It can calm agitated children, is great for promoting clarity in the workspace, and is most revered for its mood elevating effects. Diffuse the beautiful fragrance as a nighttime blend with lavender to promote restful sleep and sweet dreams. Our diffusers make the perfect nightlight for your child’s bedroom. Simply adding a drop to the hands with a deep inhalation can help to calm the emotions and lift the spirits.
Aside from being an absolute staple in your home diffuser stash, this oil also has a natural affinity for the skin and hair. It is a nourishing tonic that will infuse your hair with luster and shine. Add a few drops of Bergamot to your favorite oil and apply to clean hair.
How to Use Bergamot Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Perhaps the easiest way to use bergamot oil is through a simple direct palm inhalation. Place a drop of this mood balancing oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation. Repeat at any point in your day when you would like to feel uplifted and clarified. As a quick palm inhalation blend, do this with a drop of rose oil to discourage feelings of sadness or melancholy.
- Diffuser: Bergamot is one of our favorite oils to keep handy by the diffuser as its sweet fragrance blends well with almost any other oil — give it a try! It is universally loved by the whole family. We find that children especially find Bergamot enjoyable. Bergamot is a great year round fragrance for creating a fresh, welcoming home.
Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including bergamot, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Other Ways To Use Bergamot Essential Oil
- Apply a drop to support skin health, including the soothing of insect bites or itchy, red skin.
- Add several drops to a mister or spray bottle as a natural and pleasant insect repellent.
- Dilute one drop of bergamot in 2 tablespoons of warm water. Gargle the mixture to freshen the breath and maintain oral health.
- At nighttime, place two drops on a cotton ball and tuck it under your pillowcase before bed for a restful, pleasant sleep.
- Botanical Name:Citrus bergamia
- Family: Rutaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Bergamot Essential Oil
- Origin: Italy
- Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Peel of the nearly ripe fruit
- Color: Greenish yellow to green
- Consistency: Thin, mobile
- Yield: 0.5% - 1.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Bergamot Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top note
- Odor: Complex citrus, tangy-green, sweet, fresh and clean, slightly floral and spicy
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Dry-out: Oily-herbaceous, slightly sweet and somewhat balsamic
- Blends Well With: most oils, including other citrus oils, spice oils, rose oil, sandalwood oil, frankincense oil, vetiver oil, lavender oil, jasmine oil, nutmeg oil, ylang-ylang oil, geranium oil, cypress oil, neroli oil, clary sage oil, melissa oil, marjoram oil, angelica
Safety Considerations for Bergamot Essential Oil
Though it is generally non-toxic and non-irritating, bergamot is extremely phototoxic. Do not expose skin to sunlight for 12 hours after application. Repeated use can result in contact sensitization (rotate between different oils). Do not use on children younger than 5 years of age. Do not take bergamot essential oil internally.
Ratings & Reviews
A Very Special Oil
Bergamot is one of my favorite Floracopeia oils. The scent is so pure and bright, I can't get enough of this one!
by Barbara R Mclaughlin
I use bergamot daily as my perfume. Soft, gentle citrus smell that relaxes and lifts my spirit. Strangers as me 'what perfume is that'?
by Juana Countryman
I love Bergamot because it make me feel so good. I’ve used it in a necklace for my stressful work!! I now use it daily in my diffuser for all the people in my house.
by Scott McNally
I have tried Bergamot essential oil from two other companies in this is easily the best. Very clean and crisp fragrance. I really enjoyed combining it with the lavender of Bulgaria.
UPLIFTING & AWESOME
Uplifting, bright citrus oil that reminds me of a delicious cup of earl grey tea! If I'm feeling sad, I love diffusing this essential oil to improve my mood.
so lovely, strong and brightens my spirits
by Mimi Berkoe
Recently discovered this beautiful fragrant lovely oil. Deep and moving scent. Helps pick me up when I need some happy energy.
I use this oil everyday along with my Juniper Berry essential oil in my diffuser. Good for a blend fresh scent and well as an immunity boost.