Carrot Seed Essential Oil
About Carrot Seed Essential Oil
The skin care oil par excellence, Floracopeia's carrot seed essential oil is a delicate, woodsy treasure steam-distilled in Hungary from the tiny seeds of the carrot. This oil offers a high level of antioxidant support and promotes skin health and cell regeneration. Carrot seed essential oil can be used as a first line of defense for supporting aging or environmentally stressed skin. Traditionally, carrot seed essential oil is also known for its powerful supportive effects on detoxification, respiratory system and musculoskeletal system.
Carrot seed oil plays a supportive role when added to your favorite facial creme and will help boost it’s effectiveness. Just add a drop or two to your favorite moisturizer to greatly enhance your skin care routine. This oil can also be used as the principal essential oil in your own, custom made formula for supporting overall skin health. Diffused, carrot seed oil is grounding and soothing to the mind. This oil has a rich, spicy and earthy fragrance.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Profile
Floracopeia's Hungarian Carrot seed oil is is a lovely, pale orange oil made from the steam-distilled seeds of cultivated wild carrot plants.
How to Use Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Carrot seed oil can be diffused, used in direct inhalation, and applied topically.
- Its primary use is topical to support healthy skin. It should be applied in diluted form in a carrier oil, with or without other essential oils.
- As a facial rejuvenator and tonifier, adding carrot seed oil to skin care formulations will enhance their effectiveness.
- The earthy, grounding aroma of carrot seed oil can also be beneficial in massage, in the bath, or applied as a compress.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Recipes
- Skin’s Best Friend Blend: Combine a drop of Carrot seed oil with your favorite facial serum or creme. When used daily, carrot seed will benefit many skin types as it is gentle and effective.
- Revitalizing Facial Blend: 8 drops wild carrot seed, 4 drops helichrysum italicum essential oil, 2 drops sandalwood essential oil, 2 drops frankincense essential oil and 5 drops Vitamin E oil in a 15 mL of jojoba oil. The inclusion of rosehip seed essential oil or tamanu carrier oil at 10% dilution will enhance this formula.
- Skin Health Blend: 8 drops wild carrot seed, 4 drops chamomile essential oil and 2 drops lavender essential oil in 15 mL of calendula-infused olive oil (10% evening primrose can be added).
- Botanical Name:Daucus carota
- Family: Umbellifarae or Apiaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Origin: Hungary
- Plant Part: Dried seeds of the wild carrot
- Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Color: yellow to pale orange-brown
- Consistency: light, mobile
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Aromatic Profile and Blending Information of Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top to middle
- Odor: Initially mildly sweet, herbaceous and fresh with a dry, woody heart note
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry out: Tenacious, earthy, spicy, balsamic, root-like
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils such as bergamot essential oillemon essential oil and lime essential oil; wood oils like cedarwood essential oil and sandalwood essential oil. You may also try it with cardamom essential oil, lavender essential oil.
Safety Considerations for Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Generally non-toxic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing, carrot seed oil can nevertheless cause minor irritation if applied directly in large amounts to sensitive skin. Do not take carrot seed essential oil internally.
Interesting Carrot Seed Essential Oil Information
Carrot seed oil is often confused with the infused variety of carrot oil, which uses the taproot (the orange, edible portion) of cultivated carrots, macerated in a carrier oil such as olive oil.
Ratings & Reviews
Mix this with rose seed oil or jojoba and apply at night skin is moisturized and looks more radiant in the morning.
Another incredibly powerful and effective oil for the face. It exfoliates well and leaves my skin feeling soft. It also works very well on minor scrapes and cuts. The healing time is tremendously expedited with this oil.
by ALEXANDRIA DAVID
good quality, works well
Mix this into a serum and watch the years slide right off your face!
by Emmarose Lujan
Love to add a few drops to my regular facial oil.
AMAZING FOR SO MANY REASONS
by Maureen Horton
This essential oil has been a welcome addition to my collection after someone suggested using a few drops mixed with sesame oil to replace sunscreen, even “all natural” sunscreen. I believe one need not put anything on your skin you are not willing to eat! I had been looking for an alternative for sun protection for a while and this essential oil has worked out very nicely! I am so grateful for it and for the overall quality of your products that I feel 100% confident putting my trust in. Thanks so much!
by Kat Crawford
I add this oil to my morning face ritual. I also add a few drop to my face mist to refresh my skin