Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Dives
About Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
Cooling, clear, and penetrating, Eucalyptus dives, or peppermint eucalyptus, is a natural support for deep and clear breathing. This eucalyptus essential oil possesses the numerous therapeutic benefits of the more common Eucalyptus globulus oil, with added refreshing, bright peppermint notes. Eucalptus dives is a wonderfully aromatic oil that will add an unexpected layer of brightness and clarity to all your aromatherapy applications.
Eucalyptus, throughout time immemorial, has an affinity for enhancing the breath, making it suitable for topical application as well as direct inhalation supporting the whole family’s open breathing during challenging winter months. Its powerful properties make eucalyptus oil a star support for direct inhalation or in diffuser therapy whenever the children bring home mucous from school, we keep plenty on hand and always near our diffusers.
Cleansing and penetrating, eucalyptus oil may be used topically, diffused or in inhalation therapy to support in clearing and energizing tired or overworked bodies. It may also be used topically or in a spritzer as an insect repellent. Eucalyptus is added to many household cleaners for good reason, just add a few drops to what you already have for a fresh clean boost in scent and efficiency!
Eucalyptus has a refreshing and stimulating action on the mind, helping to improve concentration. It is associated with the alleviation of grief and sorrow, as well as opening the heart and intellect while equalizing emotions. Adding eucalyptus to your diffuser blends will add a crispness that can balance too much sweetness from florals or citrus.
How to Use Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
- Diffuser: Eucalyptus has a cool and crisp fragrance. Diffuse it in your home daily whenever the children are congested or you want to be sure to keep the air fresh and clean. Can be blended with other oils like peppermint and conifers to increase effectiveness.
Other Ways to Use Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil can be applied topically (in at least 50-50 dilution), as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle to reduce pet and stale odors.
- Add several drops to ½ oz marula oil and apply as a chest rub to encourage open and clear breath.
- Massage diluted eucalyptus oil (2% eucalyptus, 98% carrier oil) to promote feelings of comfort in the body and joints. Inhale (direct palm) or diffuse eucalyptus oil to lift the heart.
- Diffuse eucalyptus oil to disinfect and repel insects.
Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil Recipes
- Easy Breathing Blend: 4 drops Eastern hemlock oil, 2 drops eucalyptus oil, 2 drops peppermint oil and 4 drops chamomile oil. Add to steaming water and inhale several times daily, or add to ½ oz unscented balm and rub on chest as needed.
- Household Cleansing Spray: 12 drops pinon pine oil, 12 drops eucalyptus, 12 drops tea tree oil and 12 drops cajeput mixed with water in an 8 oz spray bottle.
- Bug and Mosquito Spray: 8 drops lemongrass, 8 drops palo santo, 4 drops pinon pine oil, 8 drops eucalyptus oil, 4 drops peppermint oil mixed with 4 oz. of distilled water in spray bottle. Shake and spray to repel bugs and soothe bites.
- Free Breath: 2 drops cedar oil, 4 drops frankincense oil, 4 drops juniper berry oil and 2 drops eucalyptus. Diffuse, or use inhalation therapy, or mix several drops in 1 oz of carrier oil and apply topically to chest.
Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil Profile
This Eucalyptus dives essential oil possesses the numerous therapeutic benefits of the more common Eucalyptus globulus oil, with added refreshing, bright peppermint notes. This robust eucalyptus is organically grown in South Africa.
- Botanical Name:Eucalyptus dives
- Family: Myrtaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves, young twigs
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Mobile
- Yield: 1.0% - 2.4%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Odor: Menthol-camphorous, penetrating, spicy, fresh with balsamic resinous undertone
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: all mints; herbaceous oils such as thyme oil, rosemary oil, and marjoram oil; tree oils such as pine oil, spruce oil, and fir oil; florals like geranium oil, and lavender oil; wood oils cedarwood oil and sandalwood oil; also melissa oil and lemon oil
Safety Considerations for Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil is non-toxic, non-irritant, and non-sensitizing. People with high blood pressure and epilepsy should avoid eucalyptus oil. Excessive use of this oil may cause headaches. Do not take eucalyptus essential oil internally.
Which Eucalyptus Essential Oil is Best for Me?
Floracopeia is proud to offer a large selection of the highest quality eucalyptus oils sourced from diverse locations and distillers. To assist you in making your choice about which species might be the best for you, we offer the following information.
As they all have very similar therapeutic functions, all of the eucalyptus oils may be used interchangeably. They may also be blended together. The primary difference between most of the eucalypti is in their olfactory characteristics:
- Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil: Organically cultivated in South Africa, this variety is known as "Peppermint Eucalyptus" because of the cool and bright peppermint notes that complement a strong, menthol aroma.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil: Organically harvested in India, Globulus is known as the "Blue Gum Tree" due to its blue-gray leaves. This is the most common of all the Eucalyptus varieties because of its high level of eucalyptal content, the therapeutic compound found in Eucalyptus. It has a classic, intensely camphoraceous menthol aroma.
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil: Organically cultivated in South Africa, this variety is also known as Narrow Leaf Eucalyptus. Its crisp, clean, and herbaceous true eucalyptus aroma is soft and sweet, with smooth camphor notes. Rich in cineoles, it is the most therapeutically versatile variety.
- Lemon-scented Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Organically harvested in India, Eucalyptus citriodara has the same therapeutic qualities as the other Eucalyptus species, but smells of fruity citronella and lemon.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil Blend: A wonderful blend of five Eucalyptus species (globulus, radiata, smithii, dives, and citriadora), specially formulated for superior therapeutic qualities.
Interesting Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil Information
There are over 900 different species of eucalyptus, of which at least 500 produce essential oils. Native to Tasmania and Australia where it is a traditional home remedy, the leaves of this tree were historically smoked to improve difficulties in breathing.
Approved as a food additive, the oil is used in the preparation of liniments, inhalants, cough syrups, toothpaste and as a pharmaceutical flavoring. It is also used in veterinary care and dentistry, and as a fragrance component in soaps, detergents and toiletries. A variety of dyes are produced from different parts of the plant.
Africans use finely powdered bark as an insect repelling dust while people from around the world use it for anything from maintaining healthy gums to relieving joint discomfort. Australian aborigines traditionally used the leaves to treat wounds. Early Australian settlers named eucalyptus globulus the ‘fever tree’ because of its efficacy in treating fevers.