White Sage Essential Oil
About White Sage Essential Oil
Floracopeia's White Sage Essential Oil is organically harvested in Southern California. Powerful, pungent, and camphorous, the fragrance of this white sage essential oil will be familiar to all those who have used this herb for its renowned ceremonial and therapeutic benefits.
White Sage essential oil comes from the sage plant that is well-known for its purifying action on the spirit and atmosphere. This oil will tonify or strengthen the body and mind with an overall cooling effect. In the spiritual realm, white sage is used ceremonially for cleansing spaces. It is believed in some traditions to have its own very potent energy, which is able not only to clear negative energy but also to attract positive energy.
How to Use White Sage Essential Oil
White sage essential oil is fantastic in the diffuser where it has an appealing smell and easily blends with other purifying oils such as eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender.
- Diffuse white sage for ceremonial purposes when a sacred atmosphere is desired or whenever negative energy needs to be cleared and positive energy needs to be invited into a space.
- You can directly inhale a drop on your palms to help with wintertime respiratory challenges, or to help bring equanimity and clarity.
- White sage, diluted in water, can be misted into the air to change the energy in a room or to use as a personal mister to clear your energy after working with clients.
Safety Considerations for White Sage Essential Oil
White sage oil is non-irritant, non-sensitizing, non-irritating. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not take white sage essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of White Sage Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Pungent, sharp, dry, camphoraceous, bitter-herbaceous
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Blends Well With: florals like lavender oil, jasmine oil and neroli oil; lemon oil, bergamot oil and other citrus oils; wood oils such as frankincense oil, cedarwood oil and sandalwood oil
- Botanical Name:Salvia apiana
- Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
- Composition: 100% Pure White Sage Essential Oil
- Origin: California
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Aerial Parts
- Color: Clear
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: ~1.4%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)
Interesting White Sage Essential Oil Information
Salvia apiana, or white sage, is the main component in the smudge sticks used by many Native American traditions. Some Native American peoples burned white sage in sweat lodges for purification. The burning of white sage leaves is also used to fumigate a house or dwelling after a contagion and to purify the air during and after illness. In plant form, Native Americans use white sage seeds to make flour and porridge. The leaves are used as a flavoring in cooking, or are eaten or smoked as a remedy for colds. White sage leaves are also used in shampoos and dyes and are a natural hair straightener. Diffuse white sage whenever negative energy needs to be cleared and positive energy needs to be invited into a space. This energetic transformation is said to be released from the plant by the burning of the leaves, which are typically bundled into a wand or smudge stick. Today, many Native Americans use the stems and leaves for smudging, a ritual which has been broadly adopted as a modern practice by people all over the world.