Palmarosa Essential Oil
About Palmarosa Essential Oil
Palmarosa is one of nature’s star upholders of skin health. Because of this, palmarosa often finds a place in our skin care routines, for both our faces and bodies. It regulates skin moisture and oil production and is therefore useful for both dry and oily skin. Offering cell renewal benefits, palmarosa essential oil nourishes and restores skin health and harmony. It is also known for its ability to rejuvenate tired, sore feet, so it makes a great foot soak.
Having both calming and uplifting effects, it is a tonic for the heart and mind. It supports deep sleep, uplifts, calms and settles the mood, and provides comfort and support for feminine cycles. At the same time, it supports a healthy wellness response rendering palmarosa adept at helping speed recovery time during the challenging winter season. Cooling and moistening in essence, palmarosa can offer relief from the mental afflictions of insecurity, grief, or defensiveness.
Palmarosa Essential Oil Profile
Harvested in Ethiopia from a tropical wild-growing grass, this lively oil has fresh floral fragrance notes of geranium and rose.
How to Use Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Skin Care: Palmarosa shines supporting skin health; blend a drop into your facial serum or cream, or with a biocompatible facial oil such as jojoba or avocado to hydrate dry skin and to minimize age lines. Palmarosa works wonders on the delicate facial skin, as well as a great additive to your whole body moisturizer.
Other Ways to Use Palmarosa Essential Oil
Palmarosa can be applied topically, as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- Add a few drops of palmarosa with lavender to your diffuser or direct palm inhalation to reduce stress and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit.
- To support skin renewal from injured skin, add a drop of palmarosa to water when washing wounds.
- Add 3-4 drops to bath water to promote balance and enhance relaxation.
Palmarosa Essential Oil Recipes
- Dry Skin Support (for all skin types): 8 drops palmarosa essential oil, 4 drops carrot seed essential oil, 4 drops roman chamomile essential oil and 1 drop angelica essential oil in 15 mL of avocado oil.
- Bedtime Bath Blend: 1 drop palmarosa essential oil, 1 drop lavender essential oil and 1 drop chamomile essential oil. Stir into warm bathwater.
- Restorative Foot Soak: 6 drops palmarosa essential oil, 3 drops lemongrass essential oil, 3 drops patchouli essential oil and 2 drops tea tree essential oil. Add to a warm water for a foot bath.
Safety Considerations for Palmarosa Essential Oil
Non-toxic and non-sensitizing. Can be a slight dermal irritant to sensitive skin. Avoid use if pregnant. Do not take palmarosa essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle to top
- Odor: Fresh, floral, sweet, lemony, dry-geranium like scent with a hint of rose
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Dry-out: Sweet floral with tender green nuances
- Blends Well With:Rose essential oil, lavender essential oil, bergamot essential oil, sandalwood essential oil, lime essential oil, orange essential oil and ylang-ylang essential oil.
- Botanical Name:Cymbopogon martinii var. motia
- Family: Poaceae (Gramineae)
- Composition: 100% Pure Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Origin: Ethiopia
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Cultivated
- Plant Part: Grass, leaves, and aerial parts
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 1% to 1.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Interesting Palmarosa Essential Oil Information
Palmarosa is also known as "Indian geranium oil." Adding a less costly yet tenacious rose-like scent to perfume blends, it is often also used as an ingredient in soaps and cosmetics, and is also used in the flavoring of tobacco.
Ratings & Reviews
Palmarosa is an intoxicating fragrance, warm and rich that I find very centering and grounding.
Not too sure how to blend this essential oil with other ones. The scent by itself is hard to describe as it is very citrus but a wood like scent at the same time.