Principles of Clinical-Level Self-Care
Principles of Clinical-Level Self-Care:
How to Develop Self-Diagnostic Skills, Navigate ‘Internet Medicine’ & Personalize Botanical Treatments
A 5-Week Live Video Course With David Crow
Botanical Medicine Expert, Grassroots Healthcare Pioneer & Floracopeia Founder
Starts Thursday, October 22 at 5pm Pacific
¨Save time, energy & money in your search for truly personalized, effective natural medicine.
Confidently navigate the maze of generic internet medicine — and create a therapeutic strategy based on your individual needs.
The world is upside down right now, but one thing is certain: it’s more crucial than ever to know exactly how to take exceptional care of your health…
As you try to locate the most reliable information and make the best decisions for your health, it can feel like you’re stuck in a frustrating maze.
You’ve likely run into conflicting perspectives. Treatments that don’t work, or that come with drawbacks. Prescriptions you want to reduce or avoid altogether.
And as you navigate symptoms, suffering, frustration, and misinformation, you just want to find the right healing solution for YOU — not for a generic, hypothetical patient.
Meanwhile, the limits of our healthcare systems have been stretched to the max recently as mainstream medicine continues to de-invest in public health.
There’s never been a more critical time to become your own self-care expert… your own clinical herbalist.
The good news is, you have the power to become your own self-care expert. Because you know yourself and your health history better than anyone...
Your body, your health history, your family history, your environment, your experiences, your LIFE — are all unique to you. No matter what you’re dealing with, the way it manifests — and the way to heal it — is unique to you.
Join us for a new 5-week live video course with David Crow and learn to locate accurate, reliable information to create a holistic healing program that works for you.
David will share how to think like a clinician to heal illness, prevent relapse, and support allopathic treatments.
You’ll confidently sidestep trendy diagnoses and treatments — so you can find real solutions. You’ll skillfully navigate the maze of misleading online information and make decisions based on genuine, evidence-based research.
During this 5-week live video course with David, you’ll discover how to:
- Develop the self-care diagnostic skills you need to address your chronic health conditions, autoimmune illness, inflammation, and more
- Understand what’s feasible and realistic with natural medicine — including when to use it as a primary treatment, a supportive treatment.. or not at all
- Confidently use internet resources, and find solutions to your individual needs when faced with many different recommendations
- Navigate your options when your doctor wants you to take a medication you don’t want
- Move from disempowered and uninformed patient (through no fault of your own!) to bona fide self-care clinician
- Collaborate with your doctor when prescription drugs may not be the first or best treatment — or when you’d like to safely discontinue medications and replace them with natural alternatives
- Avoid creating dependency on repeated or ongoing detoxification programs
- Measure healing progress regarding chronic and complicated conditions
It’s time to reimagine healthcare, to work WITH doctors and practitioners as your partners, and to become your own expert in healing and self-care.
And just by discerning the right treatments for yourself, you’ll be on the frontline of shifting our current healthcare models…
We are so certain that you will love this course that you may return it, no questions asked, within 30 days of your purchase if you are not satisfied.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this course are those of the teacher only, and may not represent the views of Floracopeia. The products and any claims made about specific products have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided in this course, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging, is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use the information on this website for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or as a substitute for medication or other treatment prescribed by your physician or health care provider. You should consult with a physician or health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication or nutritional supplement, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.
When you reserve your spot in David Crow’s 5-week live video course, Principles for Clinical-Level Self-Care, you’ll get:
- Five 2-hour live video sessions with David Crow — including a full hour of Q&A
Experience a unique opportunity to learn from plant medicine pioneer David Crow — from the comfort of your own home. Each session includes a live streaming video option, or just listen to the audio from your favorite device.
- Course sessions are on Thursdays at 5pm Pacific, starting October 22
- Five Class Video Recordings, Audio Recordings & Transcripts
Soon after each class, the video and audio recordings will be available for you to stream in high-quality format. Should you miss a class, you can catch up when you watch the recording, anytime and anywhere — on any connected device. Then a week after each session is complete, you’ll receive a written transcript of the entire class.
- Lifetime access to the course. You will own the course and can access it at any time you wish.
Module 1: Developing Self-Care Diagnostic Skills for Chronic Health Conditions, Autoimmune Illness, Inflammation & More (October 22)
Developing clinical-level self-care is a path of personal exploration and discovery…
And it begins with understanding your past and current health challenges.
We have access to many diagnostic tools, including the innovations of allopathic medicine and tests that are easily available without prescriptions.
We also have resources and tools to help us understand the progression of symptoms over time, and develop body-based awareness.
The more diagnostic tools you know how to use, the more clarity you’ll have about the best treatments to ensure the best possible outcome on your healing journey.
In this opening module, David will share:
- Introduction: What “clinical-level self-care” really means
- The importance of a detailed health history
- How past conditions can lead to complex immunological and inflammatory conditions
- Commonly overlooked causes of (apparently) unrelated symptoms
- How localized conditions can affect other parts of the body
- What to do when you have conflicting diagnoses from different natural practitioners — and your doctor says you’re fine, but you know you aren’t
- Resources for ordering and interpreting your own blood tests
- How to use the self-diagnostic tool of body awareness to personalize your herbal program
Module 2: The Risks & Benefits of Internet Medicine (October 29th)
The rise of the internet has led to exponential growth in the field of natural medicine, bringing you every herb from every part of the world — and myriad sources of information and products.
So how do you separate truth from fiction in the maze of marketing claims?
How can you take the wealth of generic information about herbal remedies and health products and make it relevant to your unique constitution, age, digestive system, and specific health challenges?
How can you tell which products are good and which are not?
This week, David will share the answers to all these questions and more — plus, he’ll walk you through the basic online research skills you’ll need to implement clinical-level self-care.
He’ll also help you develop critical thinking to protect yourself from misleading or fraudulent information.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- Introduction: What “internet medicine” really means
- The importance of developing critical thinking skills to create your unique personalized herbal program
- The skillful use of internet resources, including how to find solutions to your individual needs when faced with a multitude of opinions and recommendations
- The most common trendy (and trash-can!) diagnoses
- How to distinguish between plausible and implausible causes of illnesses and symptoms
- Ways to identify dangerous marketing claims about natural treatments
- Common detoxification methods that have little to no value
- Truthful, half-truthful, and completely fictitious claims regarding natural cures
- Resources for staying informed about herbal and nutraceutical quality control issues
- How to research scientific databases for reliable information
Module 3: The Changing Paradigm of Medicine and Healthcare (November 5th)
The rapidly developing convergence of modern allopathic medicine and ancient herbal traditions has the potential to offer the best and most effective methods from each system, in uniquely integrated ways.
This week, David will share how the medicine of the near future will utilize botanical remedies for prevention and immune building — as a first line of treatment for many conditions where drugs aren’t needed, and as complementary adjuncts to reduce dosages and side effects of prescription drugs.
You’ll discover how developing clinical-level self-care allows you to use the best of all medical systems, in the best form, to produce the best results, all in a highly educated way.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- Introduction: How to understand the strengths and weaknesses of allopathic and natural medicine
- Which conditions herbal medicine treats most effectively, with the most reliable positive outcomes
- The importance of studying medications before you start them
- When allopathic or natural medicine are primary, secondary, or contraindicated treatments
- Tips for responding to your doctor when they prescribe a medication you don’t want
- Ways to work with your doctor when prescription drugs may not be the first or best treatment — or when you’d like to safely discontinue medications and replace them with natural alternatives
- How to work with your doctor when you want to create a personalized herbal program in conjunction with treatments such as chemotherapy
Module 4: Clinical-Level Self-Care & the Home Pharmacy (November 12th)
This week, David will share how using herbal medicine for clinical-level self-care actually isn’t complicated at all — it only requires a few simple skills you can easily learn...
You’ll explore how herbs come in many forms and can be prepared in different ways, and the importance of taking them at specific times of day for best results.
You’ll learn how to develop sensitivity to herbs’ effects and monitor which ones agree with your system — and which don’t. Certain categories of herbs may be hard to digest, while others may be contraindicated for specific conditions.
David will share how to cultivate reliable and trusted sources for high-quality herbs and products. He’ll explain how, with this knowledge, you can easily assemble, prepare, and utilize a highly effective home pharmacy with countless benefits... for the rest of your life.
In this module, you’ll discover:
Introduction: Preliminary practices for creating optimum conditions for healing, using a home pharmacy
- The role of family support in the healing process
- Answers to the most commonly asked questions about a home pharmacy: types of herbal preparations, standard dosages and frequency, storage and shelf life, and others
- The best times of day to take different types of herbs — and which herbs are contraindicated for specific conditions
- What to do if your digestive system is sensitive to foods and herbs
- Ways to recognize idiosyncratic reactions to foods, herbs, and drugs
- How to take different types of herbs safely, and at what doses
- Reliable sources for high-quality herbs
Module 5: Common Complex Challenges (November 19th)
The rapid growth of natural medicine is a response to the need for safe and effective treatments — for complex infectious, inflammatory, degenerative, and immunological diseases.
In this closing module, David will share how to understand holistic principles of diagnosis and treatment — and effectively practice clinical-level self-care.
When you’re knowledgeable about these concepts and understand the broader patterns of illness and processes of healing, you’ll learn to care for yourself more effectively — in ways that can first slow the progression of the disease, then stabilize it… and in many cases, reverse it.
In your final week together, David will share:
Introduction: Establishing realistic expectations and measuring progress when using your unique herbal program
- Ways to avoid creating dependency on repeated or ongoing detoxification programs
- When to attack microbes, when to support terrain immunity, and when to do both
- Principles of restoring health after repeated use of antibiotics and other antimicrobial drugs
- An overview of positive and negative herb and drug interactions
The Principles for Clinical-Level Self-Care¨ Bonus Collection
In addition to David Crow’’s transformative 5-week virtual course, you’ll receive these powerful training sessions to take your understanding and practice to an even deeper level.
Weekly Q&A Sessions with David Crow
The second half of every class will be dedicated to a Q&A session with David. This is a powerful opportunity to receive feedback in real-time, so you can make sure you’re applying what you discover to the specific circumstances of your life and health issues.
20% Floracopeia Discount
As part of your participation in the course, you’ll receive a 20% savings on any purchases you’d like to make from Floracopeia’s online store. Floracopeia is home to the highest-quality botanical treasures and health education.
You’ll find amazing essential oils and flower essences to promote your health, vitality, and spiritual opening.
Please note: no purchase is required for the course.
Combining Herbs & Essential Oils: Two Complete Modules Including a Home Formulary for the Treatment of Respiratory Conditions Get two full modules of David Crow’s groundbreaking course — and learn to safely and effectively combine herbs and essential oils for healing. Bonus Module 1: Combining Herbs & Oils for the Respiratory System Numerous therapeutic categories of herbs are used for treating respiratory conditions including expectorants, mucolytics, decongestants, antitussives, anti-inflammatories, antimicrobials and immune stimulants. Aromatherapy works directly on the respiratory system and essential oils have well-documented and powerful antimicrobial effects, making their use a highly effective modality. In these modules you’ll learn:
The different therapeutic categories of herbs for respiratory conditions, what oils they combine with most effectively, and why
- Why essential oils are some of the best botanical remedies for expectorant and decongestant purposes
- The antimicrobial powers of essential oils, their risks and limitations
- Safe methods for using essential oils for respiratory conditions
Preparations of herbs and oils for herbal baths, chest compresses and other methods for respiratory purposes Bonus Module 2: Formulary for Treatment of Respiratory Conditions In this module you will learn combinations and applications of herbs and essential oils for:
Bronchitis Sinusitis and sinus allergies
Colds and flus
Different types of cough Detoxification from smoking
Asthma Increasing respiratory immunity
Full Transcripts of Every Session
Within a week, you’ll have access to a full transcript of every class, including the Q&A portion. You can return to it as a refresher whenever you’d like to review David’s wisdom.
What Participants Are Saying About David Crow...
“If we could all learn this amazing work? What a different world it would be!”
I just finished listening to David’s talk on attars. I had no knowledge about the creation of attars, ottos, hydrosols, etc. I loved the information in this talk. If we could all learn this amazing work? What a different world it would be! Thank you for all of your amazing hard work, David.
— Susan H.
“Thank you, David Crow, for being here with this message that has shaped my life…”
Twelve years ago, I laid my bundle of cedar at your feet and called you my teacher, impassioned by this message you have spent your career delivering. Thank you, David Crow, for being here today with this message that has shaped my life and livelihood.
— Michelle K.
“... amazing medicine man.”
David Crow is an amazing medicine man. Wisdom in action. Grow YOUR part of the global garden!
— Andree S.
What Teachers Are Saying About David Crow...
“... benefit humanity today...”
David shows us how the wisdom of the ancient Himalayan cultures can benefit humanity today.
— Deepak Chopra, MD, Author of How to Know God
“... provides great insights...”
David Crow provides great insights into the healing practices of Tibetan medicine and Buddhism.
— Dr. Vasant Lad, author, Ayurvedic physician & director of the Ayurvedic Institute
“David makes the ancient teachings… relevant to our times…”
David makes the ancient teachings of Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, and Tibetan medicine relevant to our times, without compromising his respect and reverence for the traditions.
— Robert Thurman, author of Essential Tibetan Buddhism
“... a clear and articulate teacher of deep herbal wisdom.”
David is a clear and articulate teacher of deep herbal wisdom. Steeped in the ancient arts, he also has his finger on the pulse of the most current research. Time spent with David is time well spent!
— Dr. Marc Halpern, president of the California College of Ayurveda
About The Instructor
ABOUT DAVID CROW
David Crow, LAc is one of the world’s foremost experts and leading speakers in the field of botanical medicine and grassroots healthcare. He’s a master herbalist, aromatherapist, and acupuncturist with over 30 years experience, and is an expert in the Ayurvedic and Chinese medical systems.
A renowned author and the founding director of Floracopeia, he has presented his vision of grassroots healthcare, botanical medicine preservation, and ecological restoration to hundreds of audiences, ranging from small private groups to conferences to a panel discussion with the Dalai Lama.
He’s given numerous keynote speeches, taught at conferences and colleges of naturopathic, Chinese, and Ayurvedic medicine, and his book, In Search of the Medicine Buddha, has been translated into three foreign editions.
He travels and teaches throughout the world, and through his visionary synthesis of medicine, ecology, and spirituality, he has helped transform the lives of thousands.