Rosemary Essential Oil, Verbenone
About Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil
One of the "Oils of Protection," rosemary verbenone is a softer, gentler version of the more common and pungent cineole variety. Herbaceous and refreshing, rosemary verbenone is well-known for its regenerating and stimulating properties to the skin, hair, joints, respiratory and nervous systems. This "Rose of the Sea" is pleasant, warming, and mildly sweet.
Originally considered a holy oil for purification and healing, rosemary verbenone now finds widespread use as a remedy for the entire family when sinuses and lungs are congested. Rosemary is effective in when used with a diffuser or in direct palm inhalation, and offers relief from fatigue and overwork when added to massage oil or to a warm, aromatic bath. The energizing qualities of rosemary oil make it helpful in warming the extremities and in increasing mental clarity, self-confidence and feelings of self-worth. Woody and balsamic, rosemary oil is also a very effective home cleaner—equally refreshing to your countertops as it is to your mood!
Rosemary hair oil is helpful in stimulating thin and lifeless hair and in restoring vibrant hair color and shine. Just add several drops to your favorite shampoos and conditioners for increased shine and luster.
Diffuse rosemary oil when you're in need of a clear mind and a boost of warming energy. When diffused, rosemary will also promote vitality for the whole family. This multi-purpose oil is a very helpful addition to a diffuser blend when the children become congested. Warming, clarifying and uplifting, you will also find that it can be relied upon to enhance mental clarity and to lessen a dull and hazy mind. Diffusing essential oils that possess the unique special effect for clarifying the mind is an important practice to adopt as a regular routine.
How to Use Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil
- In the Diffuser: Rosemary has a softly purifying fragrance. Diffuse it in your home daily whenever the children are congested or you want to be sure to keep the air fresh and clean. Works quickly to refresh a dull and hazy mind and to promote clarity and inspiration for creative projects. Can be blended with other oils like eucalyptus, mints and conifers. Give it a try with orange or with your favorite citrus for a bright and uplifting result.
- Spanish Rosemary can be applied topically (always diluted), as a compress, in the bath, through direct inhalation, or diffuser.
- For a tired and overworked body, dilute 10 drops of rosemary in 15 mL carrier oil and gently massage away affected areas, or add to a warm bath and enjoy.
- To enhance mental clarity and lessen mucous, use direct palm inhalation of rosemary, or your nebulizing diffuser.
- For hair and scalp, use recommended recipe below, applying from a dropper onto scalp. Massage into scalp and hair, and leave overnight for a nourishing complete head treatment.
- Rosemary has been used in many folk traditions to offer soothing comfort for women during their moon cycles.
Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil Recipes
- Hair and Scalp Formula: 8 drops rosemary oil, 4 drops cedar, 4 drops lemongrass oil, 4 drops peppermint oil and 4 drops lavender in 30 mL of jojoba oil. 10% argan oil will enhance this formula.
- Mental Clarity Inhalation Blend: 8 drops rosemary oil, 4 drops peppermint oil and 4 drops lemon oil. Use neat if diffusing, or cut with 15 mL of carrier oil for direct inhalation.
- Deep Breath: 8 drops frankincense oil, 6 drops eucalyptus oil, 3 drops rosemary oil, 3 drops pine oil and 2 drops peppermint. Use in a diffuser or add to 30 mL of jojoba oil for topical application or direct inhalation.
Safety Considerations for Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing when diluted appropriately. Do not apply rosemary neat (undiluted) on skin. Use with caution in cases of high blood pressure and avoid use during pregnancy. Do not take rosemary essential oil internally.
Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil Profile
One of the "Oils of Protection", rosemary verbenone is a softer, gentler version of the more common and pungent cineole variety. This pleasant, warming and mildly sweet "Rose of the Sea" is cultivated and distilled for Floracopeia in South Africa.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Middle note
- Odor: Clean, fresh, herbaceous, slightly camphoraceous
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Dry-out: Delicate, clean, sweet-herbaceous
- Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, peppermint, pine, basil, lavender, cedarwood, clary sage, lemon and orange
- Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis ct. verbenone
- Family: Labiatae
- Composition: 100% Pure Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil
- Origin: South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Unsprayed
- Plant Part: Aerial parts: leaves and flowers
- Color: Clear
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 1%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Interesting Verbenone Rosemary Essential Oil Information
Rosemary has long been used for rites of passage and to symbolize love, remembrance, trust and friendship. The Greek and Romans made rosemary garlands and headdresses for wedding and celebrations, and burned rosemary incense at funerals. Rosemary is thought to bring good luck and to impart protection, and was one of the original ingredients in "Four Thieves" or "Marseille" vinegar, used by bandits to protect themselves in medieval times from the plague. Until recently many French hospitals used rosemary to disinfect the air.
- Bottle Size:
- 1/2 oz (15mL)
- Latin Name:
- Rosmarinus officinalis ct. verbenone
- Country of Origin:
- South Africa