Tea Tree Essential Oil, Australian
About Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most well-known essential oils for purifying and cleansing. Tea tree effectively supports wellness and is an excellent oil to employ during the challenging winter season. Organic tea tree oil is an important addition to your home medicine cabinet and first aid kit due to its fast and effective healing capabilities.
Tea Tree Oil has shown a high degree of efficacy in clearing and promoting healthy nails. It can also be applied topically in ointments, salves and compresses to encourage skin health and is an important oil for cleansing and restoring healthy skin tissue when properly diluted.
Tea Tree Essential Oil Profile
Our tea tree oil is organically grown in Australia.
How to Use Tea Tree Essential Oil
There are a wide variety of uses for tea tree oil, which is particularly excellent for bringing comfort in the challenging winter months.
- Facial Steam: Add 1-5 drops to a bowl of steaming hot water, cover head and bowl with a towel and steam face. Excellent to open the breath and enhance skin health.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse tea tree alone or with eucalyptus and lavender as needed throughout the day, especially when the children have brought home runny noses from school.
Other ways to use Tea Tree Essential Oil
- As a Compress: To promote healthy skin tissue, use tea tree oil in a compress. Put 10 drops of tea tree oil in 4 oz of water, soak a cloth in the water and wrap on needed area.
- Scalp Health: Tea tree essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser. Pure tea tree oil can be irritating to the skin when applied directly, so add a few drops to your favorite shampoo.
- Fresh Mouth: Diluted in water, pure and natural tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash to enhance mouth health. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil in 2 oz of water and gargle.
- Clean House: There are many uses of tea tree oil to enhance home cleanliness. The essential oil of tea tree can also be added to your household cleansers to amplify their purifying action or can be used directly for a more powerful effect.
Safety Considerations for Tea Tree Essential Oil
Do not take tea tree oil internally. Do not apply directly to the eyes, lips or mucous membranes. Potential for Skin Irritation: Medium. Some people have no reaction to tea tree directly on the skin, while others have extreme reactions—please exercise caution. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner.
Aromatic Profile of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Pungent, pure, strong, camphoraceous, balsamic and bittersweet.
- Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Composition: 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Tea Tree Leaf, Branch
- Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Certified Organic
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)
Interesting Tea Tree Essential Oil Information
Used in aboriginal Australian tribes for generations to boost immunity, tea tree oil has also been used commercially for over 100 years. Organic tea tree oil is one of the most extensively researched of all the essential oils.
- Melaleuca alternifolia