Three Nectars Essential Oil Blend
An exclusive blend of medicinal essential oils from Bhutan and Nepal. Wild-harvested essential oils of Himalayan Juniper, Tibetan Tansy and Rhododendron combine to create a powerful pain-relieving blend that was inspired by traditional medicinal bath treatments common in hospitals in Bhutan. This blend must always be diluted before use.
About Three Nectars Essential Oil Blend
In traditional Tibetan and Bhutanese medicines this is one of the premier formulas for external use; renowned for its qualities to support healthy circulation, joint, muscle, and skin functions. The traditional bathing method uses the whole herbs in the bath. The essential oil blend presented here is extremely powerful and should be used with caution. This blend should be diluted to a 1 - 2% concentration before use, meaning 6 - 12 drops per ounce of carrier oil. Up to 10% dilution can be used for short periods of time on smaller areas for stronger pain relief
We’re honored to partner with trailblazing ethical distiller, Karma Tshetem, as he brings new economic opportunities to Bhutan’s local communities. Karma pays fair and equitable wages to the harvesters, who hand pick tibetan tansy flowers and prune juniper branches from remote Himalayan mountains and valleys.
Karma’s Juniper and Tansy, along with customer favorite, Rhododendron from Nepal, combine to create a superior pain relief blend that is sustainably and ethically produced, and has a relaxing, medicinal scent with a hint of floral.
How to Use Three Nectars Essential Oil Blend
- Massage Oil - Combine 6 - 12 drops of Three Nectars Blend with 1 oz of Rosehip Seed or Jojoba oil and use as a relaxing and pain relieving whole body massage.
- Medicinal Bath - Use 10 - 15 drops of Three Nectars Blend per cup of salt, milk or body wash and add directly to a warm bath.
- Bath Bombs - Use 10 - 15 drops of Three Nectars Blend in your favorite bath bomb recipe.
- Pain relieving Salve - Add Three Nectars Blend in a 1 - 2% concentration with your favorite salve and rub into the joints as needed.
Interesting Three Nectars Blend Information
The original Bhutanese Medicinal Bath recipe is known as the “Dutsi 5 Lums” or 5 Nectars Bath. Floracopeia’s Three Nectars blend uses three of the five nectars, in a pure essential oil blend.
Lum is practiced under the guidance of a Amchi (traditional physician). Traditional hospitals in Bhutan utilize this healing bath in their repertoire of medical treatments.
This formulation is described as having the powers to invoke the pristine qualities of Himalayan hot springs and to transform ordinary bath water into a healing nectar. Each ingredient represents a different geographical area and transmits its own unique healing essence into the bath. This is why it becomes a bath of healing nectar.
- Rhododendron - represents the essence of the grassland meadows
- Himalayan Juniper - represents the essence of the sun and locations where the rays penetrate bringing heat and warmth
- Tibetan Tansy - represents the essence of the earth
Safety Considerations for Vata Essential Oil Blend
Always dilute this blend. Do not use at concentrations higher than 10%. Do not take internally.
Ingredients: Essential oils of wild-harvested Himalayan Juniper, Tibetan Tansy and Rhododendron.
- Bottle Size:
- 1/2 oz (15mL)
- Ajania tibeticum + Rhododendron anthopogon + Juniperus recurve