Helichrysum Essential Oil, Croatia, Wild Harvested
About Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil
Very few oils can boast such a broad spectrum of effective therapeutic use, promoting a healthy inflammatory response. Helichrysum italicum contains high levels of neryl acetate, the compound responsible, along with its synergistic constituents, for unmatched support in tissue rebuilding and healing.
Helichrysum essential oil is a vital component of cosmetic skin care formulations, and is reputed to support the multiplication of the skin's natural collagen count, contributing to the reduction of wrinkles. Supportive in the healing of wounds, bruises, and scar tissue, helichrysum significantly enhances skin health, regeneration and beauty.
Its overall cleansing effect and its ability to support a healthy inflammatory response make helichrysum a great support to the respiratory, immune, and neurological system providing mood uplifting and stress reduction benefits to boot.
How to Use Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum italicum can be applied topically, used in direct inhalation, and diffused. Its primary use is by topical application to support skin healing. Very effective in dilution, helichrysum can also be applied neat.
One of helichrysum's most valuable and consistently cited benefits is in supporting the minimization of secondary injuries such as the bruising and swelling consequent upon a cut or contusion. Injuries cause a constriction of the blood supply to the affected area, which in turn obstructs oxygen and nutrients from traveling between cells, traps waste and produces free radicals. Helichrysum italicum essential oil is therefore supportive to regeneration of cells and tissue.
- To support the healing of skin burns, apply helichrysum neat.
- A drop or two on sore muscles, bruises and joints to support the body's natural process of healing.
- For keloids and other scar tissue, use the recipe below or apply helichrysum neat to the affected area twice daily for two weeks to support healing.
- Apply one drop to skin to promote smooth skin and skin regeneration.
- Diffuse helichrysum to aid soothing nerves and calming the heart.
Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil Recipes
- Skin Regenerative Blend: 12 drops helichrysum italicum essential oil, 6 drops carrot seed essential oil, 6 drops rosemary verbenone essential oil in 15 mL rosehip seed and tamanu oil
- Cool Inflammation: blend 6 drops helichrysum essential oil, 5 drops lavender essential oil, and 3 drops chamomile essential oil or Cape chamomile essential oil in 2 oz of aloe vera gel. Add 1 tablespoon of Lavender hydrosol and 2 tsp of Chamomile hydrosol. Shake container to combine ingredients.
- Healing Salve: Combine 7 drops Helichrysum essential oil and 9 drops wild carrot seed essential oil. Place in a 2 oz salve base: using Jojoba, Calendula herbal oil, and Shea butter and beeswax.
- Healthy Inflammatory Response Blend: 8 drops helichrysum italicum essential oil, 8 drops German chamomile essential oil, neat or diluted in calendula-infused olive oil.
Safety Considerations for Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil
Non toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Do not take helichrysum essential oil internally. The information on this web-site is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any disease or health condition. Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use this product without first consulting a licensed healthcare practitioner. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
- Botanical Name:Helichrysum italicum
- Family: Asteraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Origin: Croatia
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Flowering tops
- Color: Light yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: very low, 0.04% - 0.18%
- Bottle Size: 1/4 Dram (3.75 mL)
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Base to Middle
- Odor: Herbaceous, buttery and rich with sweet, warm, caramel and honey-like notes
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium to strong
- Dry-out: Delicate fruity, tea-like bouquet of great tenacity
- Blends Well With:lavender essential oil, clary sage essential oil, chamomile essential oil, clove bud essential oil, citrus oils
Which Helichrysum Oil is Best for Me?
Floracopeia is proud to offer a large selection of the highest quality Helichrysum oils sourced from diverse locations and distillers. All of the helichrysum oils can be used interchangeably as they all have very similar therapeutic functions; they can also be blended together. Here is how our helichrysum varieties differ:
- Helichrysum Essential Oil Blend: Floracopeia’s helichrysum blend is a broad-spectrum therapeutic blend that works well to soothe muscle pain and clear the breath. It is also helpful in supporting healthy skin.
- Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil: This classic variety of helichrysum is well suited to support healthy skin, circulation, and wound healing.
- Corsican Helichrysum Essential Oil: Corsican helichrysum is the world’s best variety of helichrysum, and it is extremely rare. It is the best variety for skin care and wound healing.
Interesting Croatian Helichrysum Essential Oil Information
There are over 600 species in the Helichrysum genus occurring in temperate regions throughout the world. The genus includes annuals, herbaceous perennials and shrubs. Helichrysum species thrives in sunshine, and enjoys growing in arid, sandy, stony areas and along mountainsides. Over 250 different species of helichrysum reside in South Africa. The name Helichrysum is derived from the Greek “helios” meaning sun and “chrysos” meaning gold, referring to the color of many of the flowers of species in this genus. The reason that helichrsyum oil is expensive is because one ton of hand harvested helichrysum flowering tops yields about one kilo of essential oil.