Wild-Harvested Helichrysum Essential Oil, Sardinia
On the wild island of Sardinia, the rustic golden flowers of Helichrysum microphyllum are harvested at sunrise and distilled the same evening. The flowers are sustainably hand-harvested, ensuring food for local pollinators, and steam distilled on a certified organic farm.
Paramount among all healing oils in aromatherapy, Helichrysum is cosmetically and therapeutically unparalleled in its ability to support skin health and wound healing. This Sardinian species is a close relative of the Corsican Helichrysum italicum, and a therapeutic equal to its cousin.
Helichrysum essential oil is supportive in the healing of wounds, bruises, scar tissue and significantly enhances skin health.
Its overall cleansing effect and its ability to support a healthy inflammatory response make helichrysum a great support to the respiratory, immune, and neurological system providing mood uplifting and stress reduction benefits to boot.
Helichrysum oil can be applied topically, used in direct inhalation, and diffused. Its primary use is by topical application to support skin healing. Very effective in dilution, helichrysum oil can also be applied neat.
One of helichrysum's most valuable and consistently cited benefits is in supporting the minimization of secondary injuries such as the bruising and swelling consequent upon a cut or contusion. Injuries cause a constriction of the blood supply to the affected area, which in turn obstructs oxygen and nutrients from traveling between cells, traps waste and produces free radicals. Helichrysum essential oil is therefore supportive to regeneration of cells and tissue.
- Blend Helichrysum into a carrier such as jojoba or rose infused marula oil or other carrier. It works synergistically with Rosehip seed oil.
- To support the healing of skin burns, apply helichrysum neat.
- A drop or two on sore muscles, bruises and joints to support the body's natural process of healing.
- For keloids and other scar tissue, use the recipe below or apply helichrysum neat to the affected area twice daily for two weeks to support healing.
- Apply one drop to skin to promote smooth skin and skin regeneration.
- Diffuse helichrysum to aid soothing nerves and calming the heart.
- Botanical Name: Helichrysum microphyllum
- Composition: 100% Pure Sardinian Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Origin: Sardinia
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-Harvested
- Plant Part: Flowering tops
- Color: Light yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: very low, 0.04% - 0.18%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)