Carrot Seed Essential Oil, Wild
About Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Wild carrot seed oil, also known as Queen Anne's Lace, is an ideal all-purpose healthy skin treatment. As helpful support for cell rejuvenation at the skin's deepest level, carrot seed oil has a pronounced effect on skin health and is often considered an essential component of many skin care formulations. Carrot seed oil can be used as a first line of defense for supporting aging or environmentally stressed skin.
Carrot seed oil happily plays a supportive role when added to your favorite facial creme and will help boost it’s effectiveness. Just add a drop or two to your favorite moisturizer to greatly enhance your skin care routine. This oil can also be used as the principal essential oil in your own custom made formula for supporting overall skin health. Diffused, carrot seed oil is grounding and soothing to the mind. This oil has a rich, spicy and earthy fragrance.
How To Use Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed oil can be diffused, used in direct inhalation, and applied topically.
- Its primary use is topical to support healthy skin. It can be applied undiluted (in very small amounts for sensitive skin), in a carrier oil, or combined with other essential oils.
- As a facial rejuvenator and tonifier, adding carrot seed oil to skin care formulations will enhance their effectiveness.
Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil Recipes
- Skin’s Best Friend Blend: Combine a drop of carrot seed oil with your favorite facial serum or creme. When used daily carrot seed will benefit many skin types; it is gentle and effective.
- Massage Oil: Add several drops of carrot seed oil to your massage blend to help with overall detoxification and to increase the beauty of the whole body.
- Revitalizing Facial Blend: 8 drops wild carrot seed, 4 drops helichrysum italicum essential oil, 2 drops sandalwood essential oil, 2 drops frankincense essential oil and 5 drops vitamin e oil in a 15 mL of jojoba oil. The inclusion of rosehip seed essential oil or tamanu carrier oil at 10% dilution will enhance this formula.
- Skin Health Blend: 8 drops wild carrot seed, 4 drops chamomile essential oil, 2 drops geranium essential oil and 2 drops lavender essential oil in 15 mL of calendula-infused olive oil (10% evening primrose can be added).
Safety Considerations for Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Generally non-toxic, non-irritating, non-sensitizing, carrot seed oil can nevertheless cause minor irritation if applied directly in large amounts to sensitive skin. Do not take carrot seed essential oil internally.
Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil Profile
Floracopeia's Corsican carrot seed oil is steam-distilled from the seeds of the wild carrot plant.
Aromatic Profile And Blending Of Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top to middle
- Odor: initially mildly sweet, herbaceous, and fresh with a dry, woody heart note
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong
- Dry out: tenacious, earthy, spicy, balsamic, root like
- Carrot Seed Oil Blends Well With: citrus oils such as bergamot, lemon and lime; wood oils like cedarwood and sandalwood; also cardamom, lavender and geranium
- Botanical Name:Daucus carota
- Family: Umbellifarae or Apiaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Origin: Corsica
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Dried seeds of the wild carrot
- Color: yellow to pale orange-brown
- Consistency: light, mobile
- Yield: 1.0% - 2.4%
- Bottle Size: 1 Dram (3.75 mL)
Interesting Wild Carrot Seed Essential Oil Information
Carrot seed oil is often confused with the infused variety of carrot oil, which uses the taproot (the orange, edible portion) of cultivated carrots, macerated in a carrier oil such as olive oil.
Learn how to use wild carrot seed oil in a botanical skincare regimen: